PDA

View Full Version : walker owners

bababooie
03-26-2002, 02:19 PM
:blob2: can you keep the door open on the catcher,while your cutting to disperse the clippings evenly on the lawn?

gr8 1
03-26-2002, 02:50 PM
Walker has some kind of deflector that goes on the back to spread out clippings. If you only open the door the clippings just plop out in piles behind you.

walker-talker
03-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Sure, only bad thing is that it wiil through clippings everywhere, into beds, on cars and walks. For roughly $75 you can purchase the "no catch deflector" which will direct clippings to the ground. It's worth the money! It doesn't do as well as a mulching deck.

MATT

MOW ED
03-26-2002, 03:08 PM
I have a no catch deflector. It works well.

http://www.walkermowers.com/index.htm1?section=products

RMDoyon
03-26-2002, 06:24 PM
I love the No-Catch Deflector.
It turns a dedicated bagging deck into a decent discharger, very handy to have when you just want to discharge without changing decks during leaf and spring cleanup seasons.

Also, the No-Catch gives me major peace of mind when it comes to deflecting thrown objects. Imagine a side-discharge deck discharging at chest height!

Roger

jeffyr
03-26-2002, 08:45 PM
I just bought the no catch deflector. I am glad to hear that it works well now that I plunked down the money for it. I was worried about it leaving clumps.

jeffyr

mowngrow
03-26-2002, 08:49 PM
can't beat the deflector for the money, beats buying a side discharge deck and having to switch from one to the other.
invest in one, you will not be sorry

HacMan91
03-26-2002, 10:17 PM
Buy the delector or you may suck up a rock and launch it to who knows where.

BigJim
03-26-2002, 11:42 PM
Be cheap like me,I use a piece of 2"x1" about 16" long,notch the ends to fit the catcher contours and prop the catcher door 1/2 way open with it.Works fine.You definitely need some form of deflection mowing round buildings because the grass sprays out about window height,if your only mowing wide open spaces just leave the door wide open.