PDA

View Full Version : Realtor Mowings

scagdude
04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I have a realtor that gives me a few jobs every week and i need to know what to charge. A lot of the yards are overgrown. So like today i did a yard i would normally do for $30 but it was overgrown. I want to keep getting business from her so i dont want to overcharge but i also dont want to cheat myself. What do i charge? Thanks

DennisF
04-20-2009, 08:08 PM
I would tell the realtor that he/she needs to have the lawns mowed more often. Tell them that the lawns are overgrown and that if they let them go too long that mowing won't clean them up and that an expensive, complete landscape clean-up would be needed to make the property presentable.

I got started in lawn care by approaching realtors in their offices and offering mowing and landscape clean-ups for a very reasonable charge. After 2 or 3 months I had 30 homes on my schedule that were realtor managed properties. Realtors are a great source for new accounts.

TheC-Master
04-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I have one I did it for and I still do here and then, he wanted it done super cheap but now I have the right equipment for it so it doesn't bother me as much. Charge the same but give like a 5 dollar discount or so, 10 if it's like an 80 dollar property or something.

Grassman6
04-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Realtors are a good source of income, however, charge what you need to make a decent profit. Collect from the owner through the realtor early in the relationship to establish a timely payment method. If you don't follow up promptly you start to hear things like "I lost the listing, sorry about your $$$, or we let that go to a relo company, I'll have the owner send you a check, or we rented that one...give me a bill and I'll send it to someone." When the first realtor lets you down then let the whole company know why you would prefer not do business with them and the peer pressure should straighten things up.

bd44
04-21-2009, 01:25 AM
We do alot of real estate work, and learned a lot of lessons. Find out who the title company is. The agent likes to stay out of it so they aren't collecting your money. The lesson happens when the seller is moving out of state and "oh, the checks is the mail...not" With the title co. you can submit any outstanding bills at closing and they will get paid with the rest of the fees. Charge more if overgrown. I figure a price for the yard x how many weeks it hasn't been cut and start there. If the agent is paying or fronting the money, cut a deal and build a relationship. If it's the owner, let them pay. You may only have the yard for one week or all season. I thought about making them put down a deposit but have not done it yet.

topsites
04-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Find out how long a $30 yard takes you.

scagdude
04-23-2009, 08:34 AM
thanks for the help guys

kaferhaus
04-23-2009, 08:58 AM
There is no "title company" until the house sells and the "buyer" selects the title company not the seller.

Obviously the realtor will know who that is BUT some homes close very quickly and if the realtor doesn't tell you the house is sold and who the title company is immediately you can easily be too late and lose your butt.

Speaking from experience here... The realtore usually doesn't know if the owner is behind paying you (nor do they care, nor will they intervene on your behalf (against the law) The realtor just want's his commision (can't blame him).

Do a search, realtors themselves are notoriously "cheap" and most are very slow to pay.

We do some work for them but only on net 10 terms.

We charge our normal prices.

ALC-GregH
04-23-2009, 09:22 AM
I had a bad experience with a realtor. I got paid but he blatantly lied to me and I caught him in the lie. I won't work for them again. I hate being lied to by someone like that.

rrtservices
05-28-2009, 10:55 PM
I drive by a house with an overgrown lawn on the way to my full time job. All week I said I should call and get that mowed. Today I decided to call and on my way by some guy was already doing it with a beat up old mtd rider :(

d4k0t4
05-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I would tell the realtor that because it is overgrown this time, I will have to charge XX.XX amount. Then I specify that if they continue to let me cut the same yard, I can do it for a cheaper amount.