PDA

View Full Version : Circular steps

jbailey52
04-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone.. I have been putting of doing circular steps for customers. I am doing one now where there is a square landing 24" high, then 2 6" curved steps will be in front.

Using ep henry coventry and bullnose pavers.

to get the radius of the steps right, which wall units do I use?

Also what the best method to cut all of the bullnose so it is a constant flow?

BOEpavers
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Some basic questions first:

What are the dimensions of the "square" landing?

What is the rise of your steps? - if the landing is 24" high and you're using Coventry, which is a 6" block, you'll probably be needing 3 steps not 2

Are the steps wrapping around the sides of the landing or ending within the front face of the landing?

How far out do you want the steps to protrude from the landing?

With the answers to these questions maybe we can get an idea of what you're trying to build and give you some answers.

GMTA
04-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Like BOE said you will need 3 steps up to your 24" high square landing if your risers will be 6". Also EP Henry Coventry Wall comes in both 3" and 6" and the Bullnose come in both 3 9/16" wide and 6" wide. You can use either block or bullnose size depending on the look your going for. You will need to determine your top constructed step size and each steps tread to determine where you will need to start your 1st step course. If you get your hands on an EP Henry catalog they explain proper installation guidelines and provide some good ideas with pictures.