PDA

View Full Version : john deere 800 series Ztrak

AOS
04-21-2009, 05:49 AM
I purchased three 800 series mowers last year and had several issues with them which we all have herd . Deere has fixed all of them except the drive systems , there has been several recalls on this problem with no advantage to any. It is a failure on the deere research on the parker drive pumps before purchases this for the new 800 series Ztraks . I have been in business for 25 years and it sad to see johndeere hanging Dealers and customers out to dry on this issue. but have instead will be announcing the new 900 series Ztrak this fall with a new pump and wheel motor. Go to any dealer and see how many returned units they have for such a new model , that tells the story. Deere would save face if they would fix these models before moving on .
Sadden AOS

gunner19
04-21-2009, 08:40 AM
I purchased three 800 series mowers last year and had several issues with them which we all have herd . Deere has fixed all of them except the drive systems , there has been several recalls on this problem with no advantage to any. It is a failure on the deere research on the parker drive pumps before purchases this for the new 800 series Ztraks . I have been in business for 25 years and it sad to see johndeere hanging Dealers and customers out to dry on this issue. but have instead will be announcing the new 900 series Ztrak this fall with a new pump and wheel motor. Go to any dealer and see how many returned units they have for such a new model , that tells the story. Deere would save face if they would fix these models before moving on .
Sadden AOS

This has been discussed ad nauseum. Do a search and you will find plenty.
I bought an 820 last month that is running fine, no troubles. It has had the product improvement "kit" installed. The earlier ones gave some troubles and the 810's still are trouble.

ALC-GregH
04-21-2009, 09:21 AM
sounds like a bad investment to your business. Sell them and get a product that the manufacturer will stand behind. I'll NEVER buy or support JD for the very reason you mention as well as the way they screwed over the smaller dealers.

POPO4995
04-21-2009, 09:44 AM
The 800's are junk, wait for the new series or pick up a good, used 717,727,737,757,777,797, or 997. I've had my 737 since 2004, bought it new, and love the machine.

QualityLawnCare4u
04-21-2009, 09:47 AM
I have owned two 717's and a 737. The 717 is a great mower but my 737 left a lot to be desired. I have head many horror stories on the 800 series.

Sammy
04-21-2009, 12:12 PM
John Deere has egg on their face for the 800 series.
It will be a long time till I look at them again.

ChaseLandscapes
01-30-2010, 07:06 PM
"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten"

rcslawncare
01-31-2010, 07:23 PM
800's has issues, thats known. Seems like its hit or miss on the dealer wether they can help you. My dealer was great. They 900 will be the turn around for Deere as I'v heard nothing bad form the users that got them at the end of the season. I think the Deere is the most comfortable machine as far as ergonomics. Deere made the mistake of not recalling the models, but not all were bad. My 830 was juts fine with the drive system, a little touchy, but it was strong. My biggest thing was the weight was too far forward, so the hill holding and wheel spin was affected.

Retired Farmer
02-04-2010, 12:15 PM
This has been discussed ad nauseum. Do a search and you will find plenty.
I bought an 820 last month that is running fine, no troubles. It has had the product improvement "kit" installed. The earlier ones gave some troubles and the 810's still are trouble.

I have a z810a that is getting the slope and steering kits. Are you saying these kits are not correcting the problems with the z810a mowers? What is in the product improvement kit that you had installed on you mower?

gunner19
02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
It was just my dealer who mentioned the 810's were having some troubles still. This was a conversation we had around March of last year. I'm not sure if the kits have helped on those models.
Good luck with it!