PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Gavely 260, 152 Hydros???

Lawnamus
04-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Just curious if anyone else has had as many problems with their Gravely Commercial 260's and or 152's. I have 3 total (2) 260's and (1) 52. All three are less than 1 1/2 yrs. old and I have had a lot of problems with the drive hydraulics. I've had everything from sheered pins to the hydros backing out the 4 mounting bolts, etc. For an $8-8.5K each, I am becoming very dissapointed with these machines. Alot of problmes can be blamed on the users, I understand that, but come on all 3 machines. Thats not to mention the braking system on all 3 are shot. The 52 is the one giving the most problem, but the 60's aren't much further behind. Any thoughts from the crowd...............................?

txgrassguy
04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
No, I have experienced no hydraulic problems of any kinds with my Gravely machines.
I believe I am on number eight now, both sit down ztrs and standers - no problem and my "goat" or loaner 60" just hit 2800 hours. Getting ready to shortblock it but no hydro problems of any kind.

SMALLTIME22
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Same problems on all 3 mowers? Or at least same general issues related with hydraulics? Is the name on the mower to blame? A lot of things can go wrong at the pont when a dealer assembles or services a mower incorrectly....even if slightly off spec. Think about it, all commercial mowers use essentially the same pumps, motors, engines and even tires. Unless its some notorious problem across the board or its a deck or fabrication issue, then how much can the "name" be to blame. I would question the people operating, servicing and assembling these 3 mowers.

greenlawnlandscape
10-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes. I have a gravely 260 with 650 hours. Several months ago my right hydro pump had a bearing that split. Pump was either replaced or rebuilt. This week my left hydro went out. I am the only one who operates this machine. Dealer mechanic will be working on it monday am. Hope it's not a long ordeal. I really love the machine but have been very disappointed with it. I've had numerous repairs. Most of it is not Gravely's fault. I demoed the new exmark last week but definately would rather have the Gravely. However, I am frustrated with the amount of time it has sat in the shop.

lawnspecialties
10-24-2009, 07:59 AM
I've had my Gravelys two seasons now. The 260 has 300 hours, the 252 has 280 hours, and the 148 has 150 hours.

My only nagging problem has been with the parking brake assembly on the 260 and 252. Gravely said it was an issue they were aware of and that the replacement brake assembly would fix the issue. So far, so good.

The hydros have performed flawlessly so far.

CkLandscapingOrlando
10-24-2009, 08:45 AM
The brake yes. Nothing else really. About 1000hr on both my gravelys. These run the exact set up as the exmark. I bet there some wheelies being popped or some extreme pressure peaks going on. I would look at the guy riding it.

I tow a dump trailer with my rider and a small one with the walk behind. 1/2yd of soil at a time. I use the deck on the walkbehind as a tree and sod mover. The rider is also used to drag a small dirt track. I cant even explain the work these things have done that does not include mowing and no problems.