PDA

View Full Version : Ever bid a condo site unseen?

shovelracer
04-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes I mean site not sight. I got a call from a newbie property management company today. They have a new 96 unit complex they need full maintenance prices for. I ask a long list of questions and got not much in the way of responses. Basically they want a contract for July 1st till year end. The installation is expected to happen in June. The bid needs to be submitted in early May. If you go there right now it is a construction site. The GC had no information regarding the landscaping. They cant even tell me if it is going to be sod or seed. I have a feeling someone is going to get burned on this one. Any thoughts as to how to get the information needed to accurately price something like this before it even exists.

betmr
04-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Are they looking for a maintenance contract or an install contract. Find out if you can look over some prints. Who's the Landscape Architect ? What's going to be there when you come in ?

shovelracer
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Mowing, pruning, applications, etc. I tried to explain I cant bid something that doesnt exist yet, but the manager wants them to see he is on top of things.

Two Seasons
04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Get the site address, go to your township and have them help you find out who the owner is. Let them know you have some questions and that you've been in contact with the property management co. and they could not answer your questions. I would surely think the GC knows who you should be in touch with. Did you speak with the GC's point man/woman or just one of the people on site?

Cheffy
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
if the owner has contacted you then he or the G.C. should be able to provide you with a site plan so you have something to bid off of . Dont bid it blind we the mocos always get beat.

THEGOLDPRO
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
i dont bid ANYTHING unseen, i wont even give a ball park estimate till i see it.

browningv308
04-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd see if you can at least look at the blue prints sounds like the buildings have at been built go look at the place and see what the general contractor has to say about the landscaping he should know whats going to be graded if not see if you can find out who the landscaper is that's going to do the install and seeding/ sod work ask them there should be landscape planing [ meaning blue prints showing what's going to be planted if all you have to look at are the blueprints take your ruler or tape measure with you and use the quarter inch scale [ quarter inch per foot ] and measure the grounds around the buildings on the blue prints