PDA

View Full Version : Scag 36" Freedom Z

tjsaye
04-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I am tired of my larger walk behind so I am trading up to either a Gravely 34z or the Scag 36" freedom Z, I found that Scag has a 20hp briggs or the 17 Kawasaki option where the Gravely has a 17 hp kawasaki or 15. I am leaning toward the Scag over the Gravely since the best price on the Graveley with the 17hp was $4999 and the best price on the Scag was $4235 with the briggs and $4795 with the Kawasaki. My question is does anyone have any experience with these machines and what are the pros and con of each. I currently mow about 30 residential yards and one commercial property.

sslopok
04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
i have a 52 inch freedom z with the 26 briggs. I have only mowed my own lawn with it once. It did a great job on my thick Kentucky Bluegrass. I cannot be happier. I will only be mowing a few other lawns besides my own 3 acres. The clipping dispersal was actually better than I expected. The striping was fantastic. I am really happy with my choice. I do not mow for a livin though. Time will tell if I remain happy though.
sslopok

ALC-GregH
04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
i have a 52 inch freedom z with the 26 briggs. I have only mowed my own lawn with it once. It did a great job on my thick Kentucky Bluegrass. I cannot be happier. I will only be mowing a few other lawns besides my own 3 acres. The clipping dispersal was actually better than I expected. The striping was fantastic. I am really happy with my choice. I do not mow for a livin though. Time will tell if I remain happy though.
sslopok

I think you'll be very happy with it. I felt they cut great.

ed2hess
04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
I don't know how much grass you do both those units are pretty darn light weight. Take a look at the drive belts and compare to regular scag units. I might move up to regular scag and pay an extra $1k.