PDA

View Full Version : Turf Tracer

CircleC
04-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to get your comments on ExMark Turf Tracer. I currently mow with a Yazhoo Kees and it cuts just fine; however, it's a gear drive and was wanting to upgrade to something faster and easier to run. Hoping to get a better cut out of the Turf Tracer. I was at Horizon this morning to check it out and they want $5700 for a 36....ouch. Seems like a lot. I don't know, might be worth it. Give me some feed back, let me know what you guys think.

greenstar lawn
04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
yikes i paid $5500 3 years ago for a brand new 48" TTHP. Which also came with a sulky. I love that machine and it leaves a really nice cut and i never had any major problems with it.

delphied
04-21-2009, 06:05 PM
I Have a TTHP and they are good. The TT has the Ultracut deck which is better. I would get a Stand on of some kind though.

Crazy Cutter
04-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Just wanted to get your comments on ExMark Turf Tracer. I currently mow with a Yazhoo Kees and it cuts just fine; however, it's a gear drive and was wanting to upgrade to something faster and easier to run. Hoping to get a better cut out of the Turf Tracer. I was at Horizon this morning to check it out and they want $5700 for a 36....ouch. Seems like a lot. I don't know, might be worth it. Give me some feed back, let me know what you guys think.

I did the same exact thing today with Horizon in Spokane! I got the same price, $5700. Seemed high to me but he said thats about as good as they can do. Not much in margin's to cut the man said. Also in my quote i wanted the price for the mulch kit (totally worth it) and that added $190 and then $430 for an Accelerator catcher.
You and I are in the same boat brother.

TheC-Master
04-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Yea, I paid $5999 for mine, reg price was like $6150 or something. $529 for Sulky, about $400 for Striper, about $200 for mulcher as well, and I went ahead and let them install them since I had to remove tires, but I'm leaving it as is. It is a great machine, but man was it expensive for a 36 w/b, it's the best WB you're going to find though. But when I heard of 48" lazer z's being like 6500 I started to want to shake my head. But this is the machine I needed for right now, when I do larger yards I'll get a Zero Turn. And by then I'l need a bigger truck and a dual axle to haul it all.

Cut is phenomenal about an A+
Durability is awesome, about a A-/B+
Mainetenance is about an A or so, not a big deal, but you have to do it.
Design is about an A as well, made very well, no real complaints.

My ideal setup would be that and a ZTR, this gets in the hard places (My metro 21 for anything else and that moves FAST), and a ZTR for big stuff. All solo, but for now my accounts aren't that large, and the machine cuts everything, stripes well, and it looks like I bagged it.

Crazy Cutter
04-22-2009, 11:00 AM
anybody else think $5700 is an ok price for a 36" TTHP?

TheC-Master
04-22-2009, 11:04 AM
If it's new I guess. I paid 6 for mine.

Greyst1
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I did the same exact thing today with Horizon in Spokane! I got the same price, $5700. Seemed high to me but he said thats about as good as they can do. Not much in margin's to cut the man said. Also in my quote i wanted the price for the mulch kit (totally worth it) and that added $190 and then $430 for an Accelerator catcher.
You and I are in the same boat brother.

yeah, not much margins.....my ars.....so sick of hearing that. what's the reason for a 36" fences, gates????

Crazy Cutter
04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah basically. It's the best fit for the size of resi's and commercials I will be cutting with it. Our lanscape out here is modern and new because of all the tremendous growth with all the flowing hills and swails and such, hardly anything is flat. The 36" fits just right for me. I will be the only guy in my erea with an Exmark believe it or not. This is such a virgin market here that no one has really heard of them or all the hype about Exmark. If it wasn't for Horizon coming in and establishing two good size stores and bringing the line to town I wouldn't have a dealer. The local Deere dealer sells Walker and those dominate the few small LCO's in this erea. Every trailer has a Walker, 1-2 21's and the assorted trimmers and blowers. Now the Horizon stores try and push Navi's to the Walker guys.

Greyst1
04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
anybody else think $5700 is an ok price for a 36" tthp?

i thinks it's high, you can get a 48 for 6300 with a 19 hp kaw with elect. Start. They ar bad ars machines tho. So if it suites your needs can't go wrong with an exmark wb.

TheC-Master
04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
You can find a 48 new for that price? I think the prices on the zero turns are not that much more for that size, it makes you wonder some.

delphied
04-22-2009, 01:35 PM
You couldnt get me to buy a new WB. Only new mower I will buy would be a 48 Grandstand or maybe a 52. I see the WB as a thing of the past.

Crazy Cutter
04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
You couldnt get me to buy a new WB. Only new mower I will buy would be a 48 Grandstand or maybe a 52. I see the WB as a thing of the past.

Well that would be great if this was 365 days from now and Toro had their 36"
grandstand out. I'm just as quick on a Exmark with a sulke as i would be on a stander machine. Plus i'm really tall so hunching over all day going under limb's on the stander platform doesn't sound like fun to me. I will say the grandstand's look like a cool machines. I looked them over at the local Toro dealer but the 48 and 52 aren't what I need right now.