PDA

View Full Version : Housing Authority / HUD Contracts?

mississippiturf
04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Okay, I tried the search feature because I know its been discussed here before, but I had no luck.

Do any of you have contracts or experience with Housing Authority / HUD contracts? Is there any money in doing these properties?

I looking to bid on over fifty properties from vacant lots to apartment complexes. Weekly lawn maintenance for each.

Any input from the experienced would be appreciated.

browningv308
04-21-2009, 10:47 PM
last year i looked into this and the properties were with a foreclosed company and they made me prove that i had enough equipment to do the job i had to up my insurance if i wanted to do work for them [ from 1 mill limited liability to something like 5 mill ] also had to add some other kind of insurance to meet their requirements also i had to be willing to drive up to 100 miles to cover my area for them and they wanted me to mow the grass clean out the house make repairs to the house winterize the house and all this for like $50.00 per house oh and the grass hasn't been mowed for like a year and there might be vagrants living in the house i was supposed to throw them out while i was there too and they only cut checks once every 2 months not a good deal

topsites
04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I'd say the only good news is you'd probably have that share of the market to yourself.