PDA

View Full Version : Power Chute Design Foot Pedals Update

Power Chute Design
04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I want to keep everyone up to date on this saga I'm trying to get finalized and new working foot pedals to those in need.

I got the tracking number on the final sample enroute to me from China. Once I recieve the sample I can do final testing overnight and then give approval for immediate production and air shipment to me for expedited delivery to you.

Last week I sent a sample to the American company and hope to get a quote from them in the next week or two.

I very happy with the design of the interior switches on the pedals about to be made a sent to me by air. The new switches are far superior to the ones in the defective pedals that some of you got sent originally. This will all be completed and behind us soon. I made them well aware that this all started early enough so the new pedals would arrive well before mowing season.. I had hoped.

Thanks ... Norm

beaver29
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I have a new power chute (Super Z XR-7) on order Norm, what kind of time frame am I looking at before I recieve my chute?

Power Chute Design
04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry, but I am not sure of the exact order off the top of my head. But, if it it a toggle switch it will be within a few days. A foot pedal and I would say about two weeks or a few days more maybe.

I say two - three weeks as a worse case... I hope. But, I don't see it being any more than three weeks tops.

Norm

Cajun Country Lawn Care
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks on the update.

Power Chute Design
05-07-2009, 09:25 PM
I spoke with both companies I am dealing with thru this headache.

The American firm came back with a bid much higher than my worse fears which would be 8 times the cost of the Chinese pedals. I was fearing 4 times higher. In order to use them I would have to raise the price of a Power Chute by $60.00. This would still put the unit $20.00 less than one of the OEM's OCDC's. The other problem is that production would also be 8 months out.

I spoke, at length, to the Chinese firm today and they had some appropriate answers for the delays. We spoke about concerns and there seems to be some decent response to working out the final concerns in regards to wiring and also working them out soon. We are now going to be on a daily conference schedule working toward production soon.

Another customer also connected me with another Chinese electronics firm out of California. He had had good success with them and I have made intial contact with them as well and will be sending then a sample tomorrow.

I would tell you that anyone that is interested in getting their Power Chute soon can be sent out with a toggle controller. When they foot pedals do come in I would sell you on AT COST. Or you can wait for the foot pedals to come in before shipment.

I do apologize deeply and assure you that this is my number one priority until the pedals are in stock. I firmly believe in my product and will be here to support it and you many years after this probelms is solved. The only part of the product I have no control over and that is what has turned into my Mother of all headaches. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks...Norm

fastcat
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
thanks for keeping us updated. i have a wright stander 52 rh and am in need if an ocdc and i like your product. i guess that i would need the toggle switch and not the foot pedal. is there a waranty on this product.

Power Chute Design
05-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I hand make each unit myself so I back all workmanship and welding for life. Any problems just let me know so we can get you back up and running, but honestly (other than this mess), there are very few problems associated with the product. Yes, you would need the toggle switch.

I got a call from the first American company that I had explained my sadness in finding their quote was 8 times higher than my current (read new) provider. I did tell them that I ordered three different foot pedals his company (Linemaster) makes that may work for me. he said that he is going to sharpen his pencil and work with his engineers to see what they can do to work with a more standardized pedal for me. They had orginally spec'ed a pretty exotic design with red and green dots for up and down and some custom internal switches.

The Chinese company got my images and latest wiring interests too late to get back to me yet today (did you know when it's day here it's night there?). So the rep in Conneticut said they will write over the weekend or Monday.

I also shipped another sample pedal to the fellow in California I mentioned earlier so we'll see what develops there as well. After my initial thoughts he seemed interested into working with me.

Last night I searched for three hours online and found some possibilities. I ordered three units from Linemaster and two from another firm. I also have pedals coming from BassPro and a couple others I can't even remember who they are coming from. But, I have alot of shipping notices saying stuff is coming.

Thanks...Nrom

Power Chute Design
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
OK...

The main manufacturer has assembled all of the components needs for production
(heavy duty switches, wiring cases). They are air shipping me the final sample for testing tomorrow (Weds). So in one week from now I should have the final pedal tested and ready for approval. The day of final testing I am going to call them for immediate production and shipment.

Thank you...Norm

MOturkey
05-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Checked your website. Why nothing for Gravely?

Power Chute Design
05-12-2009, 08:01 PM
There has never been a big call for Gravelys. Not near enough demand is all.

Norm

Jason Rose
05-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm still waiting on a toggle switch, foot switch, anything. I've had the thing sitting in the shed collecting dust since the season began. At this point I'm pretty irritated. I'd return it for a refund if I hadn't welded a bracket on it to attach to my grasshopper deck.

Power Chute Design
05-16-2009, 10:10 PM
The main manufacturer had all of the correct components in-house (read heavy duty switches) and can start production immediately. They are shipping me the final sample for testing any day now. I should then have it in a weeks time. If the pedal passes testing (overnight) I will call them for immediate production. They say that they can have me the first 200 units air shipped within approximately two weeks.

Worse case, I am saying now.. four weeks from now and hoping for three weeks. The day I get the pedals in they will be shipped out immdeiately!

F.Y.I. : I am currently developing a line of full width stripers for mowers that mount to the rear of the mower deck itself so they go up and down with the mower deck and will not constantly be sragging while in transport. I have 60" models for the Exmark Next Lazer Ultracut and the Kubota Pro60 drying in the paint booth right now along with the John Deere 72" 7-Iron. Why these first? The John Deere is off of my personal mower and the other two are the easiest to access from my local dealer. Other models to come quickly. Photos and announcement should be tomorrow night here.

Thanks...Norm

amdx64
05-17-2009, 08:12 PM
great news!!!:clapping: hope everything works out :)

SimonCX
05-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Maybe it's just me but I would rather pay $60 more and buy something that is made here then one more thing from china that breaks after 2 times. Just my 2 cents.

amdx64
05-17-2009, 08:33 PM
*newusflag*Maybe it's just me but I would rather pay $60 more and buy something that is made here then one more thing from china that breaks after 2 times. Just my 2 cents.*newusflag*

Power Chute Design
05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
I understand, but the reliablity of the foot pedals has nothing to do with the products country of origin. All 600 previous foot pedals I have used (that are still working everyday) are also from China as well as almost every pedal that Masterchute sold. The old production company is no longer available so I had to start dealing with a brand new company and they sent me a great foot pedal for testing with heavy duty and reliable internal switches. And then they substituted cheaper switches they knew would not last to save money.

If you want to see the whole story you can go to www.fuxangelectronics.com . It's a website I started to fight them the only way I know how. 100% of the payment had to be made before shipment would occur and there is no attorney in Hong Kong (where they are based) that will show any interest in any claim for less than a loss of $50,000.00. They have my money and I am out the initial charges for the pedals, plus lost current sales due to bad press information like this that shows a lack of reliabliity of my CURRENT pedals. The first 41 foot pedals I get from the new manufacturer will also be a loss as I send them out to you as replacements for the defective ones plus the shipping to get them out to you as well.

You do make a great point, but in the end, no one will care where the pedals are made as long as they are reliable. What the consumer cares about is the end cost and how it will effect your bottom line. Is my unit worth more than a manual, generic OCDC? I hope you think so, but how much more is it worth? You watch the cost of fuel and the price effects where you purchase that gas at as well as the cost of every product you buy. Everything you purchase effects your bottom line and how competitive you can be compared to your competition for business. That's what drives your end price and mine.

You're right. I would prefer to buy the pedals within this country. But, with the price of the American made units 800% higher I need to give that some very serious consideration. Plus the American company would take EIGHT months to ramp up for a production run as well.

In the end I will make sure everyone one of you are satisfied with my product like all of the 915 other Power Chute owners to date. You can depend on that.

Thanks for listening...Norm

beaver29
05-21-2009, 10:57 AM
What's the latest news on the foot pedal situation Norm? I need my Chute, I am lost without it.

Power Chute Design
05-21-2009, 02:09 PM
OK, production began today on 500 foot pedals. I am told that I will have the first 200 units here in two weeks. So, give or take a day, I will begin shipping replacement pedals to you the same day they arrive here.

I got, not one, but two final production samples with the correct heavy duty switches and they worked great after an overnight test of 56,000 operations.

Thanks for your patience...Norm

Power Chute Design
05-26-2009, 05:24 PM
The first shipment of foot pedals should be here in about one week. I spent last evening making up all of the invoices so I can get your shipments to you as soon as the come in.

Thanks...Norm

bucky5
05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Sounds like great news, thanks for keeping us informed. I can not wait to get my second chute. No one wants to run the new machine without the PowerChute.

bucky5
05-26-2009, 10:44 PM
I too would like to see an American made foot pedal BUT as Norm correctly pointed out, IF durability issue is corrected I know I am not willing to pay another $60. If durability is not adequate I would be willing to spend the extra $60 but it does all come down to what is it going to cost me.

Power Chute Design
05-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey , thanks!

Power Chute Design
06-02-2009, 05:59 PM
I spoke with the factory again today and the foot pedals will be finished this weekend with a call to me Monday or Tuesday with the tracking number for the air shpment of the first 200 for delivery to you.

Thanks...Norm

bucky5
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Norm, when should I expect to see the pedals on my doorstep? Thanks

Power Chute Design
06-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I was hoping to wait until Thursday, but the pedals have been produced and I will have the tracking number in two days. I think the pedals will take 3 maybe 4 days for air shipment. So when I have the actual tracking number verified... and in my hands Thursday I'll post here to keep you all to date.

Thanks...Norm

Z-Man
06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
I too would like to see an American made foot pedal BUT as Norm correctly pointed out, IF durability issue is corrected I know I am not willing to pay another $60. If durability is not adequate I would be willing to spend the extra $60 but it does all come down to what is it going to cost me.

Look at it for this point, support China and their economy or support the US and our struggling economy!

Power Chute Design
06-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I spoke with the factory again this morning and the pedals are done. They will be shipped in the next few days...orm

Power Chute Design
06-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Well, I (along with most all Americans) feel the same way about supporting our way of life at home first. But, the problem is that is is near impossible to do so even within the United States.

The Kennedy School of Business, Harvard University, did a study about five years ago and found that it was impossible to buy any product in America that was not touched, in some way, by foreign involvement. Whether it be a complete product sold here or any product that does not have some component or ingredient milled abroad.

We need only look as far as our own industry. What kind of mowers do we use as our main source of income? Where is it made or it's components? Is the motor Foreign built or owned by a Foreign company? The hydro pumps as well. How about your string trimmers or blowers? Is the fertilizer we use from America or India?

I, whole heartedly, agree with you. But, in my case, my competitors are lowering the prices of even their manual OCDC's. Word has it that there is another company looking into the feasibility of manufacturing a powered OCDC like mine. So how important is it to try and control pricing and any increses at all let alone one that would increase my price by more than 20%! What can the market bare in an economy already strapped with recession and historical job and property losses? How many customers have you lost over the past two years due to things outside of or control?

Another thought to consider... if you could have the same end result from two manufacturers meaing a fully functional and reliable foot control unit. Would you chose the American unit that is many times higher in price and still cannot start production until February of 2010. Or another company that would allow you to keep an additional $82,000.00 in your pocket with the same end results?

Would you turn down an addtional $82,000.00 of net income that you could keep in your pocket in the very competitive lawn care market place?

I agree with you.

Thanks..Norm

BCNU
06-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Any updates on when we can expect our foot pedals Norm?

Power Chute Design
06-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, they are in shipment right now to me. I should have them about Tuesday. The first 200 will not have the Packard connector on them so they plug directly into the motor. I will do that and ship them near the end of next week to all in need.

I wanted to have them in hand before I made an announcement especailly after all of the promises made about delivery in the past. But, I have the tracking number in hand now.

Thanks..Norm

Thanks...Norm

Z-Man
06-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, I (along with most all Americans) feel the same way about supporting our way of life at home first. But, the problem is that is is near impossible to do so even within the United States.

The Kennedy School of Business, Harvard University, did a study about five years ago and found that it was impossible to buy any product in America that was not touched, in some way, by foreign involvement. Whether it be a complete product sold here or any product that does not have some component or ingredient milled abroad.

We need only look as far as our own industry. What kind of mowers do we use as our main source of income? Where is it made or it's components? Is the motor Foreign built or owned by a Foreign company? The hydro pumps as well. How about your string trimmers or blowers? Is the fertilizer we use from America or India?

I, whole heartedly, agree with you. But, in my case, my competitors are lowering the prices of even their manual OCDC's. Word has it that there is another company looking into the feasibility of manufacturing a powered OCDC like mine. So how important is it to try and control pricing and any increses at all let alone one that would increase my price by more than 20%! What can the market bare in an economy already strapped with recession and historical job and property losses? How many customers have you lost over the past two years due to things outside of or control?

Another thought to consider... if you could have the same end result from two manufacturers meaing a fully functional and reliable foot control unit. Would you chose the American unit that is many times higher in price and still cannot start production until February of 2010. Or another company that would allow you to keep an additional $82,000.00 in your pocket with the same end results?

Would you turn down an addtional $82,000.00 of net income that you could keep in your pocket in the very competitive lawn care market place?

I agree with you.

Thanks..Norm

Norm,

I do agree with what you are saying. We, in many ways are doing to to ourselfs. We need to find cheaper ways to do things while maintain quality and integrity. We need to find ways to lower our fixed and flexible cost. We don't need to be paying big dollars for needless union / nonunion jobs. We need to thing and work smarter. I also believe our government is really not small business friendly to small US business owners / operaters.

I believe while most will not pay 2 or 3 times the price for a product, they will pay more for a product with higher quality and longevity. I truely hope it works our with you on this foot switch issue. (I need to buy a OCDC). For the most part, it is hard to get good quality products out of China. China is in it for the short turn gain, they do not care about quailty, the employees, or the environment.

Best of luck to you and the success of Power Chute.

Bill

kaferhaus
06-15-2009, 08:53 AM
China is in it for the short turn gain, they do not care about quailty, the employees, or the environment.

I agree with the last two elements of the above statement.

The "quality" issue is a different matter. The "qualtiy" of Chinese products is determined by the buyer. The Chinese are perfectly capable of producing extremely high quality products and do WHEN the customer both demands it and is willing to pay for it.

I own some Chinese made machine tools that are first rate quality have every modern feature you could ask for and turn out extremely precise work. they were not "cheap" but were less expensive than buying an american made counterpart.

American importers are specifying products made to a price point. Even with cheap labor, near zero safety and environmental restrictions there's a "tipping point". One of the biggest components of buying foreign made goods is the shipping. many "cheap" chinese goods brought into this country owe half or more of their "cost" to the freight bill.

Unions are still a bit of a problem in this country BUT union membership has been on a steady decline for decades (except for government employees which has skyrocketed).

Government regulation is a huge cost factor in american manufacturing. Yes we need OSHA and we need the EPA (not so much.... LOL). As are wages... we all want to make more money.

The situation is about to get much worse in this country as we have elected a "business ignorant" individual to lead this country, a man who has no clue that business built this country into what it is today, a man who believes the government can "solve" problems. A man who wants to tax business to death, raise fuel costs, tax your health care benefits to provide some mystery "health care for all" plan which we already have and are already paying for.... including the millions of illegal aliens whose health care we pay for. No one in this country is truly without health care. No hospital that recieves federal funds can refuse to treat a patient.... there are public health clinics and hospitals all over the country. ANYONE in this country who truly needs health care and has no money can get it unless they're a moron.

All this is part of the government plan to "increase employment"???? WTF?

You can thank the government in large part for our manufacturing problems. Part of the problem IS with the companies that outsourced the industry but why did they do it? It was less expensive..... no unions, lower taxes and less regulation.

The government created the "environment" that drove business overseas, now to "correct" that the gov't wants to do more of the same.... Insanity.... doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Back on topic. I think the Powerchute is way overpriced. I may be alone in that thought but it's not rocket science to figure the production costs for such a relatively simple product. I look forward to more companies producing a similar product as it will certainly force prices down.

Power Chute Design
06-15-2009, 11:17 AM
OK, the shipment of the first 200 foot pedals are now on a UPS jet headed this way. I'll keep you updated as to when they arrive and shipments out as well.

Thanks..Norm

Power Chute Design
06-15-2009, 09:43 PM
OK, the pedals have made it as far as departing Anchorage, Alaska in their way to Lousiville, KY.

You know, I guess my point on my comments above is that there are many, many professions that are thought of as only containing low level, unskilled people. But, just like farming or any other business, lawn care requires multiple skills to hone costs and improve output in order to compete in a competitive market place and stay profitable.

Thanks...Norm

Power Chute Design
06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
OK...

I have the first 200 units in hand and they are built correctly with the heavy duty switches and wiring as ordered. I will be shipping them out over the next 2 days to everyone that is waiting for a Power Chute or a replacement pedal.

Thanks so much for your patience and support...Norm

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
OK...

I have the first 200 units in hand and they are built correctly with the heavy duty switches and wiring as ordered. I will be shipping them out over the next 2 days to everyone that is waiting for a Power Chute or a replacement pedal.

Thanks so much for your patience and support...Norm

norm i am buying a power chute probly on friday for a next lazer z will the foot switches be ready for that mower as well???

Power Chute Design
06-16-2009, 08:14 PM
OK...all Power Chutes that have been ordered and awating foot pedals shipped today. All folks waiting for a replacement foot pedal will ship tomorrow morning.

We are back on routine operations meaning that all orders can and will be shipped within two to three days normally.

Thanks for everyones patience...Norm

lawns Etc
06-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I think it would have been a little better service to ship warranty petals today and new units Tommorrow Just my opinion.

bucky5
06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Can't wait to see that Powerchute, I must admit I was starting to get a little impatient. Did you send them 3 day UPS? Thanks

Power Chute Design
06-16-2009, 09:45 PM
UPS to you should be about two...Norm

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 10:02 PM
i can say this anyone with a next lazer really probly needs one! i have ben using mine on smaller yards and it throws grass so far it becomes a problem in wet grass i can ruin the side of a house from a ways away!

dwost
06-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Awesome, Thanks Norm.

Jason Rose
06-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Glad to hear there's fianlly a resolution to the switch problem. Right now I'm only discharging a few lawns that are more open and big, if the powerchute gets back into play I may be able to discharge more.

Power Chute Design
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
OK..... You have been tortured enough!

All replacement foot pedals have been shipped. Yesterday all back ordered Power Chutes were shipped and today all replacement pedals are out. So if you have not received your order in a week please let me know.

Thank you so much for your patience and support. Like I said, my only concern is your final satisfaction.

Thanks much...Norm

amdx64
06-18-2009, 04:49 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Four Alarm Lawns
06-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks Norm, I received my replacement foot pedal yesterday and am looking forward to putting the power chute back on my mower! Thanks again!!

dwost
06-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Mine came today, thanks again Norm!

Jason Rose
06-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Nothing here, today or yesterday...

T.Wells
06-20-2009, 10:07 PM
My PowerChute arrived on Friday. Now, I need to get it installed and I also need 2-days worth of sun to dry my lawn ...

-T.Wells

cphillips0053
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Any updates on the petals? Everybody happy? Everybody get theirs? I need to order one but a I'm a little hesitant.

Norm: are they in stock?
Whats the turn time?

Power Chute Design
07-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes, all pedals have been out for about a month now and the only thing I have heard is one pedal had an interior miniature screw that was not all the way seated and was making a clicking sound when the mower was off and the pedal depressed, but did not effect operation. Just an annoyance.

Other than that I have heard nothing back at all, but this newer pedal with much heavier duty switches is doing well...Norm

Frontier-Lawn
07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
I spoke with both companies I am dealing with thru this headache.

The American firm came back with a bid much higher than my worse fears which would be 8 times the cost of the Chinese pedals. I was fearing 4 times higher. In order to use them I would have to raise the price of a Power Chute by $60.00. This would still put the unit $20.00 less than one of the OEM's OCDC's. The other problem is that production would also be 8 months out.

I spoke, at length, to the Chinese firm today and they had some appropriate answers for the delays. We spoke about concerns and there seems to be some decent response to working out the final concerns in regards to wiring and also working them out soon. We are now going to be on a daily conference schedule working toward production soon.

Another customer also connected me with another Chinese electronics firm out of California. He had had good success with them and I have made intial contact with them as well and will be sending then a sample tomorrow.

I would tell you that anyone that is interested in getting their Power Chute soon can be sent out with a toggle controller. When they foot pedals do come in I would sell you on AT COST. Or you can wait for the foot pedals to come in before shipment.

I do apologize deeply and assure you that this is my number one priority until the pedals are in stock. I firmly believe in my product and will be here to support it and you many years after this probelms is solved. The only part of the product I have no control over and that is what has turned into my Mother of all headaches. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks...Norm

is it possibale to adapt the factory scag curved block plate to work with this power system?

Power Chute Design
07-15-2009, 08:18 PM
....No....

amdx64
07-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Thumbs UpThumbs Up the new pedal is working great. now if norm could just get the rain to stop .................:laugh::laugh:

rjh4758
01-16-2010, 01:02 AM
I have been looking for a Chute blocker and was thinking about a Power chute. After seeing how Norm handled all these issues , he has my business.