PDA

View Full Version : Tree and Shrub Fertilizing... Question???

MajesticUSA
04-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I have about 10 of my accounts that have asked for their trees and shrubs to be fertilized this year. I have done this in the past with great results from a commercial grade tree/shrub slow release fertilizer spike system, so I bought 2 cases of the spikes. Only this time I need a good even way of charging a standard rate for this instead of having to guess-timate each job. Most of the yards have under 10 trees and shrubs that they want fertilized. Do you guys think 10$ per tree/shrub is fair or should I charge 20? 25? I really dont know whats reasonable for this seeing that last time I just did 2 accounts and charged by the job...

ALC-GregH
04-21-2009, 09:45 PM
That to me would be WAY to much. Figure your cost per stick, add you profit then add the time it would take to do it. Charge that per tree.

DennisF
04-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Those spikes cost less than $1 each...retail, so I would think that twice the cost of the spike, plus labor time to pound them into the the turf. Ten trees...3 spikes per tree is 30 spikes. Three minutes per tree is thirty minutes to install at $30 per hour is $15.

Total for everything $75 or $7.50 per tree.

MajesticUSA
04-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah guys thanks that sounds fair..TY

ALC-GregH
04-21-2009, 10:25 PM
you just don't want to price yourself out of the job but still make what time you spend there.