PDA

View Full Version : Toro Zero turn

SweetGreens
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I have recently been looking at Toro ztr's. Honestly just because of the price! They are cheap for a commercial mower. I was wanting to know wich one is the best out of the toro ztr's. I do alot of houses, with a couple commercial properties. How well is the cut quality? How well do they stripe? Do they hold hills? And how bout the durability? I have heard all the salesman bs. Now i want the people that use them opinions. Also, how well do they compare to some of the other commercial ZTR's. Like Exmark, hustler and Dixie? Thanks

ben

TMK
04-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I have a Toro Z Master 500 w/52" GF deck. I cut my neighborhood that has 34 lakes, most have between 15-20 degrees slopes & mostly cutting side to side. It holds the slopes well (I do not cut it wet & start around 10am so the dew is mostly gone too & take it really slow). Cuts great - runs great. Cutting mostly bahia- mulching with high lift blades. Paid 7400 out the door, dealer is great - tossed in suspension seat for free.
I can speak for my Toro_it is great.

ToroLandscaper
04-21-2009, 11:15 PM
I have recently been looking at Toro ztr's. Honestly just because of the price! They are cheap for a commercial mower. I was wanting to know wich one is the best out of the toro ztr's. I do alot of houses, with a couple commercial properties. How well is the cut quality? How well do they stripe? Do they hold hills? And how bout the durability? I have heard all the salesman bs. Now i want the people that use them opinions. Also, how well do they compare to some of the other commercial ZTR's. Like Exmark, hustler and Dixie? Thanks

ben

Toro commercial mowers offer a really good bang for the buck. I would look into a 60" Toro ZTR with a 30HP Kohler, I really like those mowers.

Hometown
04-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I have a z597-D that I bought last spring and every day I use it I am thankful to have it. I has the 60 turbo force deck and it really leaves a great cut. Not alot of hills here in central IL so I don't really have many of slopes to mow but on the flat ground it will hold it's own with anything on the market today. Also I have two dealers withing 15mi of my home so service is one of the best things where I live. My only issue is it is a little on the heavy side due to the Diesel engine so I am careful on really soft stuff in certain properties when I have to I just use my 44 wb and stay out of the rutting issue.

ToroLandscaper
04-21-2009, 11:51 PM
The 60" Zmaster is very respectable on hills, I own a 52" Zmaster and it does okay on hills, but the 60" is a lot better.

SweetGreens
04-25-2009, 07:28 PM
I drove one the other day, and it seems to have a very rough ride. Is that normal? It was really bumpy and uncomfortable. i dont know if it was just the one i used or what. BUT it was BUMPY!!! please help

mowerbrad
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
I demoed a Toro last August and thought it was pretty good. It had the 60" Turbo Force deck, which cut awesome...but the I could not get it to stripe at all. It was a very comfortable ride and held a hill well. Just a couple weeks after demoing the toro I demoed a Dixie Chopper Xcaliber. I have to say, that I liked the ride of the dixie better just because of the suspension forks on the front casters. The toro had a lower profile which I liked better...it took some time to adjust to sitting up higher on the dixie. I can't speak for how a dixie does on hills since I have not taken one on a hill yet, but will in about a month or so. I could cut faster with the dixie just because it had a higher top speed. Overall I liked both machines, each had its ups and downs. If you do decide to get a toro make sure to get the turbo force deck.