PDA

View Full Version : best blades for ferris???

Linder'sLawnCare
04-21-2009, 11:11 PM
I am looking for some new blades for my 48" 1500. I am wanting something that will give me a better cut, if possible. How does mulching blades work on Ferris? Anyone use mamba hi-lift mulching blades? Hi-lift blades?

Cajun Country Lawn Care
04-21-2009, 11:25 PM
I am also interested in this. I am happy with my current blades but would like to move possibly to a power chute and wondering what is the best blades for the ferris with the power chute also.:usflag:

Linder'sLawnCare
04-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Any ideas?

Linder'sLawnCare
04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Any Ferris guys out there???????

Mondragon Lawn Serv
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Any Ferris guys out there???????

i use gator mulching blades and the curved mulching blades( the ones without the teeth on the top) as well they're both great, i live in houston and the grass is usually moist and wet, and they perform well never had problems with them. here's a link on how the blades perform and they stripe well, i have mulching kit but i have not installed it cuz i see no point when my mower is working to perfection. the blades have been sufficient and dont need the kit.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=256878&page=7

Linder'sLawnCare
04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
i use gator mulching blades and the curved mulching blades( the ones without the teeth on the top) as well they're both great, i live in houston and the grass is usually moist and wet, and they perform well never had problems with them. here's a link on how the blades perform and they stripe well, i have mulching kit but i have not installed it cuz i see no point when my mower is working to perfection. the blades have been sufficient and dont need the kit.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=256878&page=7

If I am understanding you right, you use the mulching blades year round?

Mondragon Lawn Serv
04-23-2009, 12:04 PM
If I am understanding you right, you use the mulching blades year round?

yeah that's right, during the fall it tears up the leafs like no other. the only way is for you to try it out your self. I can give you my experience but what matters is what you get out of them. buy a set and try them out. those blades should not be more then $50 at the right price.

Linder'sLawnCare
04-23-2009, 12:10 PM
I can get mulching blades from J-Thomas.com for just over $12 a peice. It is Mamba hi-lifts.

curbappealco
08-29-2009, 04:46 PM
im gonna order the mambas for by 48" to mulch with this season and follow with my 52" hi-lift with the triple bagger, all Ferris.

punt66
08-29-2009, 05:08 PM
I can get mulching blades from J-Thomas.com for just over $12 a peice. It is Mamba hi-lifts.

the best blades for ferris are ferris blades.

DaddyRabbit
08-29-2009, 10:14 PM
I went with the factory and you can hunt until you're old and gray but you'll not find any aftermarket offerings to compete with the factory. The factory weighs 3 times as much.

LR3
08-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Nice machine Rabbit!

I have been using Gator magnums lately. The factories cut better I must admit. But the gators spit out smaller clippings than the factories leaving less visible clippings, clumps etc......
Chapest I found were from jackssmallengines