PDA

View Full Version : Is this a deal for doing a cleanup? pics of blower & problems :-(

soloscaperman
04-21-2009, 11:22 PM
I did a cleanup for this blower. Its a Giant vac 5 HP Tecumseh.

What year and how much is it worth?

It only runs if you pump the choke or spray the intake with throttle body cleaner. I really don't wanna hire someone to pump the choke to keep it running while I push it LOL. When you stop pumping the choke after 3 seconds it slowly shuts off. It runs mint when you pump the choke slow every 2 seconds or so.

I know if you look at the pics it needs air in the tires. I put 93 octane with carb cleaner and no luck. Seems like its getting no fuel. The gas was real old and smelt like WEED! he said it sat for a year. He said it's worth $300 but i doubt that. It was used once.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/Demetrez28/DSCF1261.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/Demetrez28/DSCF1262.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/Demetrez28/DSCF1259.jpg

I know everything I have seems to be red LOL

topsites
04-21-2009, 11:25 PM
I think they sell those new for $600 or so.

soloscaperman
04-21-2009, 11:58 PM
If your wondering I don't smoke weed but the gas smelt like it though I bet the carbs are gunked up.

topsites
04-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it probably needs a new spark plug, a new air filter, and an oil change for starters.

SILVERSTREAK INC
04-22-2009, 01:40 AM
those carbs dont really have a normal jet, its built into the screw that olds the carb bowl on, unscrew the bowl and clean whatever crap out of it you can, and spray some up into the center of the jet area, be careful not to lose the needle valve or float. make sure the needle valve works, when u lift the float up the gas should shut off, and when the float is down the gas should flow at a decent rate (ethanol in todays fuel, esp. if its sat for 2 years expands rubber and eats things..so the needle valve seat might be expanded, not letting enough fuel into the carb)

good luck, always start by draining the gas tank, just a hint of water or stale fuel causes big problems

Runner
04-22-2009, 01:59 AM
I hope you didn't do too much of a cleanup for that. those things don't put out a whole lot. They equal about what a decent backpack puts out - except without the portability.

soloscaperman
04-22-2009, 02:00 AM
I drained the gas from the tank a few days ago. I don't need a spark plug since it runs awesome when you start priming the rubber button. It blows pretty good for 5HP. It so different from the 5HP Briggs 1980 year Giant Vac motor LOL. I don't know where to start so much plastic LOL.

What year is this blower???

soloscaperman
04-22-2009, 02:09 AM
The cleanup took 2 hours and he gave me the push blower. I don't know about you but my 1980 one blows good for only 5HP so this one should rock for a solo worker like me.

When your by yourself these things are worth it on odd angles on a job or blowing crap back in the woods combined with a 8001 Red Max its golden.