PDA

View Full Version : Grass tracks on the sidewalk

TMGL&L
04-22-2009, 03:43 AM
Quick question....

My mowers always leave grass stains on the sidewalks and curbs when I roll over them. This happens just from the moisture in the grass. I'm not mowing in the rain or anything. Is there any tricks or tips anyine has to avoid this or anyway to clean up the stains? I tried using a backpack blower and brooms...it doesn't work. There are still green "grass juice" stains and little particles of grass stuck to the sidewalk.

...And A hose would be way too much of a pain in the butt to use so I won't do that either.

Does anyone have this same problem, or do you ignore the grass stains and wait for the rain to clean it up?

thx

EDEN77
04-22-2009, 03:59 AM
A problem here, too. Especially after the lawn's been fertilized. I just use my BP blower and get rid of the big stuff. The stains remain. No one has complained, yet. But, I'm sure they don't like the green grass stains on the driveway or walk.

bobcatnj
04-22-2009, 07:15 AM
use your weedwacker. turn it on and angle and use the string to get most off it off, kinda of like a grinder

Hell on Blades
04-22-2009, 07:55 AM
If I know that staining is a possibility, I'll make turns in the grass then circle the yard after I'm done to clean up the edges--minimizing the trips across pavement.

I'll let you know late this week -- it's rained here for three days...

DLAWNS
04-22-2009, 08:05 AM
use your weedwacker. turn it on and angle and use the string to get most off it off, kinda of like a grinder

That's exactly what I was going to tell ya!

dishboy
04-22-2009, 10:19 AM
That's exactly what I was going to tell ya!

+2, or get control of the fertilization to tone down spring N levels.

TMGL&L
04-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Very good idea. I didn't think of that one. I will try it this weekend and get back to this thread.

....and I thought there was nothing I could do....

LouisianaLawnboy
04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
If I know that staining is a possibility, I'll make turns in the grass then circle the yard after I'm done to clean up the edges--minimizing the trips across pavement.

I'll let you know late this week -- it's rained here for three days...

Thats what I do.

I will try that trimmer thing:D

David Haggerty
04-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Grass won't permanently stain concrete. The green is usually gone by the next time you mow. Black rubber tire tracks do leave a permanent mark.

sweetz
04-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Grass won't permanently stain concrete. The green is usually gone by the next time you mow. Black rubber tire tracks do leave a permanent mark.

Ya, so by the time that they're gone, you're back to mark up the cement again! LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

TMGL&L
04-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Ya, so by the time that they're gone, you're back to mark up the cement again! LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Okay I think I understand. So what I should do is pull my truck up onto the sidewalk and do burnouts. I'm sure that will take the grass marks of the walk better than a little weed wacker would.

Okay... Will do. I'll post pics when I'm done.

sweetz
04-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay I think I understand. So what I should do is pull my truck up onto the sidewalk and do burnouts. I'm sure that will take the grass marks of the walk better than a little weed wacker would.

Okay... Will do. I'll post pics when I'm done.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:That makes sense.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

grassyfras
04-22-2009, 11:12 PM
I was thinking about this today when I saw a lco. He kept running over the grass that was on the hard surface. That makes it stick and stain. Run over it less and theirs the best solution.

TMGL&L
04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Ok well my digital camera's batteries went dead so i couldn't post pics.

I did a better job not running over the hard surfaces and in the areas i had to I made sure to grind it off with my wacker.It did a great job. Then when I was done I pulled my truck up on the sidewalk and started the burning outs. The black tire streaks did a rly good job covering up the mowers green tracks. After that I did some donuts in the yard.

Thx for the help. :)