PDA

View Full Version : Fire Pit and Seating?

yamadooski
04-22-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm building a fire pit and we are using limestone boulders for seats and crushed shell for walkway and putting palms for a backrest behind each boulder.
My question is how far to put the boulders away from the pit to get the right heat temperature and not get to hot?
Its not like we will be able to pick up and move the rock and palms each time we sit around roasting marsh mellows.

punt66
04-22-2009, 07:06 AM
If its an open pit i would put the seating no further then 5' away. That will give you a 3-4" stick with reach for toasting marshmellows. Assuming your not going to have HUGE fires.

Crusher Run
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
It really matters how large the fire is going to be. For a small 2-3 log fire I would suggest about 4 feet from your body to the center of the fire.

yamadooski
04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the input. I know I could have figured this out myself by building a fire when I got home tonight but its already 85 degrees here.

Punt.. Thanks for sticking up for in the mower forum about how much we should charge per hour.
Some ppl just dont get it that we can make that much. I dont dare tell them how much I make when I do landscaping...:)