PDA

View Full Version : Educate Yourself on Pending "Card Check" Legislation

Frontier-Lawn
04-22-2009, 09:07 AM
i just got this email from L&L Mag about a union articale

• If a union “signs up” a majority of a landscape contractor workers – just 50 percent plus one – the union will be immediately certified by the National Labor Relations Board without a secret ballot election. This eliminates management’s chance to present its case against unionization to employees in an election campaign.

sorry but once i get the need to have employees any talk of union and :hammerhead:

http://www.lawnandlandscape.com/educate_yourself_pending_card_check_legislation.aspx?sid=custom01&custom02

big acres
04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
I can't believe with 867 users currently online and 89 views of this post that no one has a comment... guess there are alot of smaller companies who this would not affect?

Even employees should be concerned that someday soon they may not be able to outwork the guy that was hired the day before and earn a better position and pay than him.

Unions have done alot of good, and bad. Look at what they did for the mining industry of Northern Minnesota... a personal private shower stall for each and every miner. For those outside Minnesota, we have little mining left. How about the US auto industry?

JDiepstra
04-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Go ahead and form a union and you will be unemployed and the company will go down, just like the automakers. I could see it happening though.... I mean come on.... Obama won.