PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

DirtRider
04-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Iím looking to expand with somewhat limited capital. I found a 36" ExMark belt drive on CL. Seller is selling for a friend whose husband owned it and recently passed. He said he would take $750. He went through the carb, did a compression check, lubed everything and said it runs and cuts like a champ. Hour meter is broken and I forgot to ask what year it is.

Any additional questions I should ask? To those of you with more experience with these, what should I look for when inspecting it, specifically? Oh, I also did not ask if the deck is fixed but I assume it is. How is the cut quality with a fixed? I know a hydro is superior but what are my real issues going to be with a belt drive?

Thanks all.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/1128484690.html

DirtRider
04-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Anyone want to throw me a bone here? I might go look at it tomorrow.

topsites
04-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Hmmm...

Looks like a deal for someone willing to take a chance.

DRBLawnBuster
04-22-2009, 02:50 PM
That is a very old mower, and has been repainted, I would wait and keep looking, i bought my wb's on craigslist for 900 and 1,000 and they are way better mowers then that.

BobcatZT
04-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I would keep looking also.......

DirtRider
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Hmm, I thought it looked repainted as well. I am in the communist state where everything costs twice what it should but these WB just don't come up for sale out here often. I looked on Ebay and they are all over the east coast but not too many out here.

Damn, I could really use a larger mower. Any guess what year it might be?