PDA

View Full Version : You can go as far as you want...

raturf
04-22-2009, 04:46 PM
I started when I was 15 with two Toro 21" push mowers. Since then, college, Ornamental Hort degree, ran my own business in Northern NJ for 15 years, got pretty big, finally got tired of the regulation, taxes, labor cost, insurances, licenses and cost of living in general. I became first assistant super at a private club, then went to the Baltimore Ravens as an assistant, then Head groundskeeper for the Packers, Southern Methodist University, and University of Maryland and am now Director of Landscaping for a 300 acre 5 star resort in the eastern Caribbean, West Indies. Thirty five years later I'm hoping to get back home to Maryland one day and figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

Seriously, don't ever stop dreaming or learning, I can't image doing anything else! :)

TL1981
04-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the inspiration! I just mowed my first client's lawn today with a 21" J.D.:clapping:

I'm Looking forward to an aggressive start and a great year in the industry. Now back to my planning....

thom
04-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I started when I was 15 with two Toro 21" push mowers. Since then, college, Ornamental Hort degree, ran my own business in Northern NJ for 15 years, got pretty big, finally got tired of the regulation, taxes, labor cost, insurances, licenses and cost of living in general. I became first assistant super at a private club, then went to the Baltimore Ravens as an assistant, then Head groundskeeper for the Packers, Southern Methodist University, and University of Maryland and am now Director of Landscaping for a 300 acre 5 star resort in the eastern Caribbean, West Indies. Thirty five years later I'm hoping to get back home to Maryland one day and figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

Seriously, don't ever stop dreaming or learning, I can't image doing anything else! :)

what year did you start?,and how old are you now?

raturf
04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I started in the summer of '69 in high school. I'm 54 years young now!

DLAWNS
04-26-2009, 12:04 AM
That's a pretty serious resume! Good luck and welcome to Lawnsite!

raturf
04-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks! Good luck with your career, it's a good business.