PDA

View Full Version : You gotta be kidding me

soloscaperman
04-22-2009, 07:14 PM
The dealers told me I can't fix the nipple on the canister wheel on the mower where you grease it and I had to buy a $75 front rim and tire on my Walker!!

There were no threads on the nipple and its a pressed versus threaded which people hated.

Who sells rims with the canister under $75?????????

I went to three dealers one was an Exmark dealer.

All this because I bought a cheap Grease gun and it Fuc*** up my nipple. Who sells good grease guns??????

grandview (2006)
04-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Try and get a grease gun pin you maybe able to push it into the fitting.

Looking Good Lawn Service
04-22-2009, 07:26 PM
you could also thread the hole with a tap and die tool and now screw your new nipple in:)

LushGreenLawn
04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Time to find a new dealer. The dealer should have offered to thread the hole and put a fitting in. You have a lazy dealer.

4.3mudder
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
you could also thread the hole with a tap and die tool and now screw your new nipple in:)

I have done that a couple times. I think it is an 8/32 tap. 7 is better than 75

threeleafllc
04-22-2009, 07:52 PM
were are you in ct?
if your close go to sno-white power equipment in planville there good people..They will get you back up and running with just about any product you bring...
Or if this helps i have a parts exmark out in back of my shop ill give you the wheel cheap if it fits..
And buy a grease gun from napa the one with the blue handle,there not cheap but they las forever..
Allen

J&R Landscaping
04-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Time to find a new dealer. The dealer should have offered to thread the hole and put a fitting in. You have a lazy dealer.

I agree, there was a different solution to your problem then selling you a new wheel!

4.3mudder
04-22-2009, 08:24 PM
maybe they are hurting for biz.

GPDesign1
04-22-2009, 09:44 PM

Agreed. This is a fifty-cent fix that woulda taken about five minutes to do. Dealer took advantage on this one.

soloscaperman
04-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Can you really change this to a thread versus press??

Here are my pics..................................

1.) http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/Demetrez28/DSCF1268.jpg

2.)http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/Demetrez28/DSCF1271.jpg

For now im going to take my old wheel apart and grease the bearings by hand with grease and a brush.

How much did you guys pay for your grease guns in NAPA?

mowerknower
04-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah, be mad at your dealer because he didnt want to jimmy rig something. If you want it jimmy rigged do it yourself.

JHLC
04-22-2009, 10:54 PM
You should be able to replace the grease fitting with another pressed in fitting. They make a tool to put them in that looks like a punch. You put the fitting in one end and smack the other end with a big hammer. You should be able to get the tool and the fitting from Napa. The fitting has rings around it that look like barbs that crush and hold it tight when you put it in.

ALC-GregH
04-22-2009, 10:57 PM
If it can't be threaded, weld it in place.

sweetz
04-22-2009, 11:07 PM

That's what I was thinking. I've already done this a few times with my stuff.

sweetz
04-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Can you really change this to a thread versus press??

yup:waving:

topsites
04-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah, be mad at your dealer because he didnt want to jimmy rig something. If you want it jimmy rigged do it yourself.

No, I am mad at the dealer for not carrying the stupid zerk.
Damn, the fools will sell me a standard $1.59 spark plug that I can find at any auto parts store for 9 bucks,
they'll sell me a standard dime a dozen zerk for two dollars, but yet they can't stock (or at the very least
have the ability to order up) a special part?

What are these fools in business for, aren't dealers supposed to be the experts?

Why would I go to a store that specializes in the product I own, let's see...
Could it be because BAP-Geon, Napa, Grainger, Advance, Tractor Supply, Lowe's / HD, J-Thomas and Harbor Freight don't carry it?
And that's only the half of it, those are just the places I could think of off the top of my head, I got a whole text file full of these.
But by the time I get done crawling through all that and then looking through Ebay maybe I could have had my part already.

That's all I was getting at, hell they could charge $3 for that special zerk because it is a PITA to find.
Yet they'd rather shaft me on regular every day parts. :p

Glenn Lawn Care
04-22-2009, 11:54 PM
its called a zerk