PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Installation - Complete Re-Do

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I came across this crapola installation at a property this week. What a basket case! The client had his friend who is a "lighting guy" from the City come up and install this mess sometime last year. All No-Name SS Underwater fixtures (non without visible water inside them already!) and some sort of LED MR16 lamp inside. I can only imagine what this looks like at night!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Some more photos...

Stuttering Stan
04-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Craigslist Professional Lighting Co?

NightLightingFX
04-22-2009, 11:44 PM
It looks like they used some of that "Water Proof" tape. Man I need to figure out where to get that "Water Proof" tape.

irrig8r
04-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Maybe they used underwater fixtures because they heard global warming was gonna melt the polar ice caps and your lake would rise.

David Gretzmier
04-23-2009, 01:04 AM
they used underwater fixtures because they came with brackets that let them attatch to the tree and swivel/aim. Then they put in LED's because they did not want to change bulbs. It looks like this guy had some electrician training, those are weather resistant j-box connectors you can buy at lowes. but then you see electrical tape, and of course, electricians don't use that stuff. Gotta admit, James- this is the competition you have up there, it is easy to look good.

pihta
04-23-2009, 05:56 AM
That looks.... beautiful! :lol: :lol:
Is customers 'friend' finished his installation? :) And is this 'lighting guy' still a friend? :lol:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-23-2009, 06:36 AM
I have been asked to have a meeting with the owner sometime soon. I am going to have to watch my p's & q's at first as I am pretty sure the owner is not aware of what he bought there.

I plan on letting my portfolio and reference list speak for themselves... then ask the client to come on an afterdark tour of a nearby property. Also, Windermere House (my avatar here) is located in the next bay up the lake.

pihta
04-23-2009, 06:53 AM
LOL
If customer is not aware what's he got from his friend - why he called you? Somebody need to understand what is goin there so they called somebody to remake.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-23-2009, 07:39 AM
There is a project manager who is making the introduction.

JoeyD
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
that is terrible! What kind of transformers are those?

Lite4
04-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Wow, that just looks like easy pickins to me. Just goes to show you, general electricians don't have a clue about this stuff. The electrical techs in our company are lost when they step onto one of my jobsites. A completely different set of equipment and method of installation than they are used to. Of course I am equally lost when it comes to upgrading panels and installing power factor and surge protection equipment too though.

Pro-Scapes
04-24-2009, 07:02 PM
This system meets thoes crazy canadian codes ? I just yanked out about 25 similar fixtures but they had corroded alluminum ground stakes attached to them that were broken in half they had worn so thin. Full of water... name brand....ul and cul listed