PDA

View Full Version : water hauling

slablawn88
03-26-2002, 09:38 PM
recently i bought chevy c60 grain truck for hauling water. i thought with the water table so low the lawn mowing would slow down this summer. i thought the water hauling would give me a little extra income. i need to know what people are charging for a 1600 gal load. if anyone has any idea it would help. thank you

stslawncare
03-26-2002, 10:31 PM
hmm this is interesting, not a common topic. do u have the spraying equipment? how about a tank in this large truck?

slablawn88
03-26-2002, 10:43 PM
no i dont have any spraying equiptment. i have a 1600 gallon plastic water tank in the truck. my main purpose is for dry wells, pools and hot tubs.

1stclasslawns
03-26-2002, 10:52 PM
Do you have a cdl with a tanker endorsement? anything over 1000 gal you have to have one. And I hope that tank is baffeled. I would hate to have hundreds of pounds sloshing around in a tank behind me.

But as far as how much to charge the water is cheap to buy but mostly you will just get the haul bill. I'd go around 3x or 4x the cost of the water and $1.00 or more per mile.

Jim

olderthandirt
03-26-2002, 11:42 PM
I don't know how much you should charge but in Ohio alot of the jobs I've had a chance to bid on REQUIRED that if you installed seed for road work IE. new water or sewer line restoration. The contractor was responsable to water it. I had to turn down alot of work becouse I don't have a truck or tank to do the watering part, Maybe this will give you an Idea of how to pick up some extra $$$

MLI
03-27-2002, 06:42 AM
I picked up some info on the other board in the past.....for a water truck of that size.....id say about $85 per hour...for smaller tanks like 500 gal...about $50 per hour. Pick up business with other install contractors...they'll pay you to water their installs!

ohiolawnguy
03-27-2002, 12:54 PM
a friend of mines company does this for new planting installs. they dont guarantee their work unless the plants are watered. so, for those who dont wish to take the time to water, they use a 500 gallon tank at $60.00 per hour.