PDA

View Full Version : Another AOS diesel report

nosparkplugs
04-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Spent another 9 hour day on the AOS diesel today felt like I was at home in my lazyboy, The Ez-Ride plus the susension seat is just criminal. Burnt about 5 gallons of diesel fuel mowing 160 homes in complex .56gal/hr exactly I say about .66gals/hr. The engine is very smooth, and there is just no vibration in the machine, quite running all day long so no loose bolts or sore muscles. Currently the AOS diesel is at 67.5 hours I did break the main blade belt two weeks ago, but it was because of several new accounts that had hidden objects I nailed, ironically the belt went on some easy going bermuda not when it was being worked hard in the field grass. Bad Boy has truly engineered a machine that is easy to maintain the belt was replaced buy ME in the field with one SAE wrench.

Electric lift deck
After 67.5 hours of use the electric deck is excellent works flawless, and way ahead of the industry's manual deck lift systems. Personally I have ran the manual foot assist & Pin on the Scags, and the BB electric lift deck is FAST, and does not wear me out on our large apartment complex's after 9 hours of mowing. I am able to keep a thumb on the deck height toggle switch while mowing, try that with a manual deck. I have found no instance were I was not able to stop first or were the electric deck was to slow for my mowing speed. This has turned out to be one of the best features, that others might question as a "bad design"

Cut quality

I was running the extended cut high-lift fusions, and the Cat diesel just has to much power, so their was too much blow-out. Worked great I was just dirty after about 20 minutes of cutting. So I switched to the old standard lift extended cut Fusions today, and their the perfect match with the diesel. The ADS deck with standard fusions, and their is no need for a mulch kit on the AOS diesel & 72" deck it just powders everything no matter the height now. All I have is the BB ACS chute, and no mulch kit.