PDA

View Full Version : trailer

ADVANTEC LAWNS
04-23-2009, 12:43 PM
hey guys i wanted to know whats the best trailer to start with, i will be pullin it with a 3/4 ton duramax 4x4 allison 1100 open or closed , and wat brand

PLS-Tx
04-23-2009, 01:03 PM
hey guys i wanted to know whats the best trailer to start with, i will be pullin it with a 3/4 ton duramax 4x4 allison 1100 open or closed , and wat brand

ENCLOSED is best in my opinion.

As far as, WHAT brand, it depends on what you can afford. Wells Cargo costs more, but everyone seems to think they are the best. We have a Pace, that we have had for 3 years, it's serving us well.

As far as size, you have the truck to pull whatever you need, don't go to small. Our's is a 8.5x20, and sometimes we wish it were bigger.

ADVANTEC LAWNS
04-23-2009, 02:00 PM
how big of trailer do u wish u had ?

ADVANTEC LAWNS
04-23-2009, 02:26 PM
how big of enclosed trailer do you need most of the time

IdealLawnCare
04-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Put all you equipment in the driveway as if it were on a trailer and see what size works for what you have. If your stuff fits in a 7x14 then I would go to a 7x16. Go atleast one size larger than what your stuff would fit in.

I would do an enclosed trailer though.

Jay Walls
04-24-2009, 12:22 AM

Enclosed if you have the cash. The sides make great billboards and you will get calls just from that. Buy a good brand, not something from Tractor supply or Home Depot. Haulmark, Pace, Cargo Pro, Wells Cargo are good names. They all make good-better-best trailers. I would get an extended triple tongue and a tube frame or I-beam frame, not a c channel.

As suggested. get one bigger than you need now because you will need room to grow.

KCfireman
04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Why do you have a thread goin about what type of truck you should have?

SouthernDelight
04-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Enclosed is best, but if you cant afford a nice 16 to 20 footer will suffice.

George Mason
04-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I am looking at an enclosed too, does anyone know about the Trailmaster brand? It looks good so far as wall/floor thickness, and axles seem standard for mowers which is all I'd be hauling. Any thoughts on the Trailmaster brand, hadn't seen much about them on here?

SouthernDelight
04-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Nope, but make sure you get at least the 3500 LB axles X 2. Safety first.

Jay Walls
04-24-2009, 07:23 AM
I am looking at an enclosed too, does anyone know about the Trailmaster brand? It looks good so far as wall/floor thickness, and axles seem standard for mowers which is all I'd be hauling. Any thoughts on the Trailmaster brand, hadn't seen much about them on here?

I tried to Google this brand of enclosed trailer and found nothing. Must be a small player in the field. You need to know frame type and size, floor joist distance, axle brand (stick with Dexter axles), wall stud type and distance, roof material. walls are at leat 3/8" plywood not 1/4", ramp is rated for 2,000 lbs minimum better if it's 4500 lbs.

I would really stick with a well known brand, Pace, Haulmark being the biggest brands.

mnglocker
04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
I would go with at least a 16 foot tandem dumper with 6' sides and a goose neck. With that set up you could fit at least 1300 dozen BFH's in it to take care of any lawn problem.