PDA

View Full Version : in a row

grasscutt
03-26-2002, 11:36 PM
I have 21 residentials all in the same neighborhood. These are small yards and I get 25 dollars a mow. Takes 15 - 20 minutes per home. Can you get too many yards in one neighborhood? I have a problem with pop up business coming around low bidding cutting a few times and the quiting. Customers then come back and say it didn't work out with the other guy can you please take me back. Do you have any input on this situation?

BRIAN GALLO
03-27-2002, 12:04 AM
I've had some price shoppers in the past too. Sometimes it doesn't matter how good of a job you are doing, if a guy comes around and says he will do it for $5 less some people jump on that deal. Most of your "loyal" customers that appreciate your work won't jump ship for any old deal that comes along. For the one's that do, then want you back later, I'd raise the price. I had a customer quit one season for a better price than call me later to come back. I gave a higher price for my trouble involved in getting the lawn back to the condition it was in before she quit me. As I figured, she didn't go for the price - now she has a different lco there every 2 weeks!

goodbeus
03-27-2002, 06:53 AM
I'd raise the price, or make them sign a contract...

LAWNS AND MOWER
03-27-2002, 11:35 AM
If they drop me, I'll take them back if I like the yard or the client. If they drop me a second time, then that's it. Games over. See ya.

LAWNS AND MOWER

stslawncare
03-27-2002, 12:04 PM
21 yards in one neighborhood is awesome. i agree get them to sign a contract.