PDA

View Full Version : Converting a Horse Trailer for Landscaping

RLS24
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
I came across an older horse trailer for a couple hundred bucks on craigs list. Its perfectly road worthy, no rust, just needs a little paint and maybe a new wood floor. I was thinking it might work out as a good starter trailer. I would just have to do a few minor repairs and fab up some kind of ramp for the back. Opinions?

seabee1
04-23-2009, 03:56 PM
man you would have to want one bad ,i think you could find some thing a lot better suited that would not take as much work .

mcCormickDeering
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
i think it would be a awsome idea, i have thought of doin this myself. i mean you get the best of both worlds half open trailer/ closed trailer its a win win. BUT you cant really haul mulch unless you had like a dingo or somethin. so i say go for it. it would be a change.

buttaluv
04-23-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah, but what do you think the customers will think (professional enough) I have thought about it myself, might still....I dunno!

93Chevy
04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
If you get a nice paint job and keep it clean and maintained, then it shouldn't be too unprofessional. Just don't put spinners or anything on it.

fastcat
04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
i to thought about this bit those horse trailers are usually pretty heavy

IdealLawnCare
04-23-2009, 10:44 PM
I use a aluminum tri-fold ramp with my enclosed trailer. its light and not a big problem.

dwlah
04-23-2009, 11:49 PM
bumper pull or gooseneck?

Jay Walls
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
A horse trailer looks like a horse trailer and not like a professional lawn care trailer. An old cheap horse trailer will really look unprofessional. So much business comes from drive bys and people who just see you working why would you want to scare them away?

T-Trim
04-24-2009, 12:16 AM
A horse trailer looks like a horse trailer and not like a professional lawn care trailer. An old cheap horse trailer will really look unprofessional. So much business comes from drive bys and people who just see you working why would you want to scare them away?

I agree 100%. Horse trailer is a horse trailer. You can't hide the fact it was once used as a horse trailer at some point. Plus if you have "helper" working with you. I would think my boss is plain crazy and doesn't know 2 sh@ts about lawn care.

mcCormickDeering
04-24-2009, 01:36 AM
ehhhhhh yes and no im 50/50 on that you gotta do what you have to do if you wanna succeed so if it was my only option i would go for it. but i can understand what your sayin and i agree