PDA

View Full Version : Help with pump/hose for water features???

Gurp
04-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Hopefully someone here can help. Here's the situation:

Wanting to setup 3 basalt column water features. They are drilled with 1 1/4" holes. They will be attached with 1" ID hoses. The height of the columns will be 2', 3', 3'-4'.

I am thinking a 2000GPH pump will be plenty (Looking at the Aquascape aquasurge 2000).

I will have the hose coming off the pump and then splitting it into three to go to each pump with valves on each pump.

Will the flow from this pump be enough? Depending on the discharge outlet on the pump (some websites says its 1.0" while others shows its 1.5" so not sure yet what size it is) splitting it three ways may slow the water too much?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

horizonlandscape
04-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Hopefully someone here can help. Here's the situation:

Wanting to setup 3 basalt column water features. They are drilled with 1 1/4" holes. They will be attached with 1" ID hoses. The height of the columns will be 2', 3', 3'-4'.

I am thinking a 2000GPH pump will be plenty (Looking at the Aquascape aquasurge 2000).

I will have the hose coming off the pump and then splitting it into three to go to each pump with valves on each pump.

Will the flow from this pump be enough? Depending on the discharge outlet on the pump (some websites says its 1.0" while others shows its 1.5" so not sure yet what size it is) splitting it three ways may slow the water too much?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Not to crazy about Aquascape pumps since there are som many better options from Savio and ShinMaywa and I would also be looking at a pump that flows around 3000 gph for your water feature.

Darron Bryant

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
04-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Not to crazy about Aquascape pumps since there are som many better options from Savio and ShinMaywa and I would also be looking at a pump that flows around 3000 gph for your water feature.

Darron Bryant

I hear ya on the ADI pumps for the most part, but the Aquasurge pumps come with a 3 year warranty and seem to be a descent pump. In my experience they all last about 2 years, some more some less.

tombo82685
04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
I would deRffinetly go with a larger pump. Remember every foot you come up vertically that flow decreases, also every split you have in it will take away from the flow also. If you plan on putting koi in the pond where the waterfall goes into, you will deff. need a larger pump.

Gurp
04-29-2009, 07:03 PM
K...thanks for the suggestions. I will be setting some up this weekend!