PDA

View Full Version : Is a step saver for a Quick 36 Worth it?

RickR1818
04-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions. I have a Quick 36 single hydro. I love the machine but hate walking behind it all day on bigger yards. Is the step saver easy to use and turn? Is it worth it if I can find a deal on one?

lifetree
04-23-2009, 08:31 PM
It's worth it !! It will actually make it a little easier with the single hydro because it puts you somewhat higher on the handle bars and grip controls to steer.

IRRITECH
04-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Never, ever, ever, walk behind a walkbehind. What's the matter with you?? Do you Love inflicting abuse on yourself??

Pistol
04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm a newbie to lawncare and have never used a walk behind. I am looking at the Quick products. My question is, "How do you turn a single hydro? How would you do it on a step saver?"

IRRITECH
04-23-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm a newbie to lawncare and have never used a walk behind. I am looking at the Quick products. My question is, "How do you turn a single hydro? How would you do it on a step saver?"

Don't have a clue. Never run a single hydro.

Pistol
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Maybe a push on one side and a pull on the other?!?!?! But as you are making that turn, the outside wheel (outside of the turn) is turning correctly, but the inside wheel is turning the opposite direction you want it to. Am I wrong? Do you disengage the wheels when turning? That would make sense. Thanks, Pistol