PDA

View Full Version : Price break for lots of work?

olderthandirt
03-26-2002, 11:59 PM
Bidding on a large cluster home complex 24 units already and there still building and 2 apartment complexes, All are owned by the same company. My ? is would you give a "volume discount " or would you just price it as any other job. The only reason I was going to bid on it was I wanted a chance at installation at the new homes but the guy wants a bid on it all. So it looks like it would turn into a lot more work than I thought. I have'nt been in the lawn care part in a long time, But have all the equipment I should need and can handle the work. Just not sure hows the best way to bid it. MAC.

beck
03-27-2002, 12:48 AM
I would bid it taking into consideration the chance for extra work.
I took on an apartment complex for a little less money than it might be worth(regarding cutting), but they are completely renovating it and making it into a Sr. complex. To attract new customers they are doing a lot of clean-up work and replacing of old landscaping.

It is the same for a few of my residential customers. There are a few that always pay on time I can do what needs to be done and send them a bill. I cut their grass for slightly less because of all the additional services, i.e. mulch, chem. apps., leaf clean-ups,

Plowguy99
03-27-2002, 12:58 AM
It makes sense to give a little discount since you won't be waisting time traveling from job to job. I wouldn't be to generous though, you still have to pay your bills!

65hoss
03-27-2002, 01:32 AM
I'm not a gambler. I can't even drop a quarter in a slot machine (that's the truth). I'd bid it normal because there are no guarentees in life.

awm
03-27-2002, 02:27 PM
yea id give a discount and still make money.
good opportunity to give some one a job doing the mowing.
course theres always the sub route.

Krimick
03-27-2002, 03:56 PM
First I would sit down and figure out what the proper price would be for each place.

Now look at it as a whole package and figure out if you can do it all for maybe 5% less of the total.

If you can do it and still make money then it is probably worth it, simply because of the extra work you mentioned.

summitgroundskeeping
03-27-2002, 08:44 PM
If a majority of my time and money is going into a property, I would bid more, b/c what if you loose them. Don't put all your eggs in one basket there ace. DOn't bid under, at least bid =.

AGG Lawn Maintenance
03-27-2002, 08:55 PM
For me it all depends. If its a big company, builder or real estate co I would give the a break. I have a referal program in which the customer gets 10% off their bill for that month if I pick up a customer they recommend to us. So if they give us 10 accounts and their bill is $100 for that month its free. I will always trade $100 for $900 any day. And if the stay for 8 months thats $7,100 for me $100 for them. Works for me:D Word of mouth is the best advertizing I just help people do it more.
Travis

HBFOXJr
03-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Discount for the sake of discounting, NO!

Discount based on real, calculated efficiency, OF COURSE.

rodfather
03-27-2002, 09:25 PM
It's called, "Economies of Scale", discount accordinally what you feel is right.