PDA

View Full Version : wright z mower, any good??

milo
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
anyone run a wright z mower? not a stander. the zero turn rider they make called the z. if you did how is it? also compair it to others you used, exmarks, scags, hustler, dixie chopper. thanks

G. Ramey
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I don,t have a lot of experience with them. I happened to be at a local dealer who was about to start carrying wright mowers. He let me demo all the wright mowers on the distributors trucks. I actually cut grass with all the mowers. I rode the z longer than the standers, I liked it much better. The crowd gathered there said I seemed more efficient on the Z than the standers. I use hustler mowers and like them very well, but I would consider a Wright z mower. I'm impressed with it just from the 15 minutes I used it.

ElliottsLawn&LandscapeInc
04-24-2009, 11:37 AM
I demoed a 52 wright Z about a year ago and thought it ran pretty well. I run Hustler SuperZ and Wright Standers exclusively and reccommend either of those brands. However, on a 52 Stander I can do circles around someone on a 52 Z. I would run Standers exclusively if I didnt need the Hustlers for larger mowing areas. Wright Stander is the cleanest, nicest cut you will ever get out of a mower, if you know what your doing. I'll see if I can get some pics of how my stander cuts.

Sym
04-24-2009, 04:45 PM
I have an 06 Wright Z 48/21hp ...ran it for two years as my main mower (780 hrs).... the cut was good...overall the mower was reliable except for the spindles..... I had 10.....TEN total spindles replaced..... the last round was when they updated the spindles and then had absolutely no problem at all....

in 08 I got rid of an old Husqvarna (the wright back-up) and bought an Exmark Laser AS. it is a superior machine.....300 hrs in and no problems at all.... not 1. The cut is better on the Exmark than the Wright.... I am not saying the wright cuts bad...just not as clean......Never had a customer complain about the cut on the Wright.

I would recommend the Wright over the Husqvarna of course..... it does a fine job and is thousands less than an Exmark...expecially the new one....