PDA

View Full Version : Getting Higher on Google

Green Team Landscaping
04-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi is there any way I can get my page rank higher on Google? It's not an official site, and it's free, but is there any way I can get higher up when people search? And the reason I didn't get a real URL yet is because I have higher priorities for where my money should go.

My site: GreenTeamLandscaping.googlepages.com

Green Team Landscaping
04-24-2009, 08:50 PM
No www. in URL

topsites
04-25-2009, 09:28 AM
You MIGHT (and I mean might) see a slight improvement if you get a domain,
you can get cheap hosting and the cost of the domain for like $35 a year...

Yes there is a learning curve to it and it's a bit long with a couple of sharp twists,
some folks think it's a lot of bs for the benefit, I think it's not too bad overall but I thought I'd mention it.

Green Team Landscaping
04-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the advice!

laschin1
09-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Get a webpage for sure and then index it, and encode google analytics, and pay per click and it will eventually bump up organically.

mikey.hill
09-29-2009, 02:09 AM
No www. in URL

having a www in your url has no relevancy on your search rankings. However, you should pick one and stick with it. whichever one you pick redirect via a 301 to the other. example

www.mysite.com is the url I want to use

for mysite.com setup a 301 redirect to www.mysite.com

now google/yahoo etc... will know exactly which one is the url to use.

You need to setup an account w/ google analytics so you can see traffic and also w/ google webmaster central. They have just about everything legit you need to know about getting your site to the top. If all else fails, just hire someone who knows what they're doing. SEO guys are worth their weight in gold. Organic listings are slow and can take years - so don't be afraid to experiment with google's resources.