PDA

View Full Version : Do Cab Enclosure Mowers Have AC

4 seasons lawn&land
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Just wondering. I saw an enclosed front mount JD today and wondered if he was in AC.

04-24-2009, 09:52 PM
not sure if the one you saw had it. But it is an option for most of them. Radio also. Heater too... for when the snow blade is on the front. All those options get pricy. But it sure would be nice.

4 seasons lawn&land
04-26-2009, 09:11 PM
I just looked at them on the deere web site. The large area mowers. The one I saw didn't have the wings but the price is just plain laughable. Im pretty sure 7 Z turns or a giant tractor with a tow finish mower would be more productive than one $60k mower.:laugh:

DLCS
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
But remember who buys those mowers. Mostly they are sold to schools, government, etc and are used for other purposes like snow removal, sweeping, etc. A mid mount ztr can't handle those task well enough. Also, those front mounts are built very stout, our city just traded in a 20 year old JD front mount that still mows really nice. The people buying those usually paln on keeping them for a very long time.

Yes, you can get ac for the JD front mounts. The prices you see listed on the JD website is not typically paid paid a government institution becasue they get a big discount.

David Gretzmier
04-26-2009, 11:27 PM
An irrigation friend of mine got a gigantic open area mowing job for an industrial area that wanted regular mowing rather than harvesting hay. he bought and paid for in one season a 100 plus horsepower John Deere with A/C and something like a 35 foot mowing deck. In One day he mowed down like 40 acres or something, and did that 2-4 times per month for 9 months, for 3 years. It was something like 2500 per cut. He fell into the job while doing a repair on thier irrigation system. why can't those things happen to me?

4 seasons lawn&land
04-27-2009, 12:03 PM
I cant understand why no one makes a beefy 54 or 60 inch Z-turn with a couple 36" wings on the sides. You shouldn't need a 4000 pound mower to mow an 11 foot swath.