PDA

View Full Version : How do I kill them? ... KILL THEM !!!

4-Leaf
03-27-2002, 07:44 AM
So ... I'm doing some work for this lady and she has a row of Azaleas about 100 feet long. Growing in the Azaleas look to be 2 or three types of vines (some with stickers and some without.)

She wants them dead but there is no way she can afford to have me pull them out by hand. Is there something I can spray on them (that won't hurt the Azaleas or the grass) to kill them? ... make them history? ... color them gone? ... 86 them? ... finish them?

Thanks for the help -- RM

southside
03-27-2002, 07:54 AM
I don't know of any product that will do that sort of thing.
Sounds like you might have to pull them out by hand.

BTW- You wouldn't be related to Charlie Manson at all? :D

rodfather
03-27-2002, 04:58 PM
Charlie Manson or Son of Sam...even Ted Bundy, LOL.

jaybird24
03-27-2002, 06:00 PM
Try Tordon- I get it from the farmers coop here. It's thick like syrup so it does'nt run all over and you just drip it on the fresh cut of any woody plant. It works great on trees I cut down to keep suckers from popping back up-never tried it on vines but it's worth a shot.

edward hedrick
03-27-2002, 09:01 PM
Might try SCYTH a fatty acid . saw it at Lesco. Like Roundup but works faster.

gene gls
03-27-2002, 10:07 PM
What kind of vines are you looking at, posion ivy, grape, wild morning glory??????Better idenitfy before you touch.

Gene

PaulJ
03-27-2002, 11:53 PM
Sytch is a burn down with little residule like roundup. Roundup will work a little slower but lasts longer. The trick is getting it on only the vines and not the Azaleas. You might try wiping it on instead of spraying. Lesco and others sell a wand that is a piece of PVC pipe with an angle at the end that has a fabric over it that becomes saturated with the pesticide. You could also use a sponge or rag attached to the end of a stick just dip it in a bucket and wipe the vines. I've used a type of wand to get rid of creeping vines in groundcover Junipers and it worked well.