PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander pricing and or deals?

Rons Rightway Lawncare
04-25-2009, 08:26 AM
I am trying out stander type mowers. Even went as far as buying a nearly brand new Great Dane Supersurfer 52 a few days ago ( 26 hours total time and looking brand new, paid 4100$ )

Another LCO I chat with on one of my stops has a new Wright Stander. It is the 52 inch RH model with the 19 HP kawasaki. He let me try it out, and it is a dream compared to the tank-like handling and feel of the Super Surfer.

I still have my Scag rider, but wanted to try a mower I could stand on and be able to do faster turns without ripping up lawns, so I could save time on the smaller lawns. I am not sure I want to shell out 8 or more grand for a mower I might not use long if I end up not liking the standing on the my feet all day thing

What kind of pricing do you guys know about for a 52 inch Stander RH? Anyone have a reasonably clean and good condiiton used one they would like to part with? Anyone want a nearly new SuperSurfer?

brucec
04-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I have a very clean low hour 52" Wright RH for sale with 300 hours check my posts.

turfsolutions
04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
I switched from riders to standers about 7 years ago. I am suprised they haven't caught on more. For one season I had a rider and a stander on the trailer and the guys always chose the stander over the rider. It is simply a faster more maneuvarable machine and good on hills.

When I purchased my second 52 inch wright stander I almost bought a RH. I went to demo one at a show and there was a fixed height and RH next to each other. Then I noticed how much more narrow the tires on the RH was compared to the fixed deck. When demoing them both I could immediately tell that the RH one was not going to hold hills and be as maneuvarable without turfing as the fixed height with the wider wheels. In the end, I determined that holding hills and turfing was more important to me than Rapid Height Adjustment so I went with the old style fixed deck. Yes it is very nice to have RH, but IMO go with the fixed deck if you have some hills on your route and are concerned about turfing.

For the best price, call every dealer in a 100 mile radius and get the best price, then go to your local dealer and say match it. I would say you should be in the low 6,000's for a fixed deck.

brucec
04-25-2009, 10:31 AM
I have taken my rh up some steep inclines like a billy goat. Better than any mower I have ever had.

pugs
04-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Best time to buy any wright machine is usually sometime in NOV-DEC.

Check their website for the Seasonal buying program. They have a whole price list for all the months of the year. You will get the best deals from this program.

turfbuilder
04-25-2009, 02:39 PM
For me the RH feature is overrated. I have a 52 inch Wright and a 52 inch Great Dane. I leave my decks set at same height 95% of the time. The Wright is definitely better to handle on steeper inclines than the Dane and I do like the controls better however the Dane is $2000.00 cheaper and not a bad machine for $4300.00. Good backup. The cheapest price I've seen in my area for a Wright 52 was about $6400 in November. :usflag: