PDA

View Full Version : Older Toro Air Filter????????

N.TX
04-25-2009, 10:16 AM
I have an older toro z with the round paper filter and the green pre filter. My problem is that thing gets dirty way to fast and I was wondering if anyone has found an alternative filter or a better pre filter so i dont have to replace the paper one as often. I have seen someone use a round solid foam filter before but i dont know where you can get something like that.

topsites
04-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Well you're probably going to have to shop around,
might check Advance Auto, Home Depot, and Lowe's.

Now they have a bit of a meager selection but I was surprised at what some did have!
Like a voltage regulator for $10 (dealer price $20), so you never know what you might find.

I wouldn't fool much with yard sales, thou today would be a good day for that (a bit late now).

Then I can't guarantee they'll have what you need, you might be going on a goose chase too.
Hope that helps.

viper00085
04-25-2009, 07:42 PM
if its a kohler engine, they sell remote mount heavy duty airfilter kits like what you see on all the new stuff to fit just about every command engine they make. Just post your engine numbers and info and i can prolly post the kit numbers for you or stop in and see your local dealer to inquire about them. It may cost you $100-200 up front but as you know with those big inner/outer donaldson filters you will prolly only have to replace them maybe once a year. They are amazing how long they tend to last versus the round cartridge style filters.