PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy Cut pics

dwost
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I know many on here are interested in the cut quality of the BB mowers. While it's proven itself worthy to many in the south I thought it would be good to show how it performs on northern grasses. I have a 100% KB yard and I'm on my 4th cut with my new mower. All I can say is WOW, I'm extremely pleased with the results. I'm slowly lifting the deck at each cut and will soon be at my usual 3.5" I cut today at 2.5" and the cut is near perfect. It leaves a carpet like finish even when cutting at speeds around 10mph. Here are some pics of my KB cut at 2.5 at speeds between 8-10mph. My grass hasn't even completely filled in yet from winter. Another two weeks or so and it should be totally full and thick. I'll keep posting back additional feedback as I progress throughout the season.

doubleedge
04-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Looks great!

driver5
04-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Is this one pass across the yard, or a double cut?

dwost
04-25-2009, 10:31 PM
One pass only

nosparkplugs
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Dowst great pics, lets be real many are not truly interested in the cut quality of the Bad Boys; becuase this is proof postive, and vindication for many of us that have been supporting Bad Boy with our money & subsequent wise business investment/s. Glad to see you are truly happy, and did not listen to these many knuckle heads that would rather ride a car off a bridge in support of the Lawnsite ZTR brand hirearchy. Keep it coming my friend:drinkup:

GOOSEHANSON
04-25-2009, 10:41 PM
cuts like my Husky commercial and everyone hates those too...nice job:clapping:

dwost
04-25-2009, 10:44 PM
lol thanks guys!

STIHL GUY
04-25-2009, 11:15 PM
looks good

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-25-2009, 11:41 PM
nice stand of turf.....doing anything special to keep it up so nice (besides the obvious)?

dwost
04-26-2009, 07:40 AM
nice stand of turf.....doing anything special to keep it up so nice (besides the obvious)?

Nothing special, just vigilant about my fert/water program. I do usually throw in one additional app of fert in the summer but that's about it. I've only put down my first app of Dimension/fert in mid March. I'll hit it again in late May with fert and depending on the amount of rain we get will probably start irrigation around then as well. Like I said, it hasn't even completely come in from this past winter. It's been quite cool here as well. Yesterday we actually hit 84 which is unseasonably warm for us this early. Things should really start sprouting now!

tacoma200
04-26-2009, 08:47 AM
The turf is very nice, mono species of grass with little if any weeds. The grass is rigid and thick and any ZTR should be able to cut it smoothly. Nothing personal dwost but the middle picture doesn't look very smooth. You are doing something right with the turf though, some beautiful grass.

I have to be honest, not trying to hurt any one's feeling but look at that middle picture and tell me it is carpet smooth. If you answer is yes, I don't know what to say, we are looking at a different picture. It looks like it has been blown different directions, maybe the air flow of the deck? In the macro pictures with the shallow dept of field there doesn't seem to be two blades of grass the same height.

youryardbarbourllc
04-26-2009, 08:53 AM
what kind of lines does it leave? any more pictures? been thinking a BB over a bobcat just because there is a dealer is so close to me!

ALC-GregH
04-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Tacoma, your not the only one that sees it. It looks bumpy to me too.

nosparkplugs
04-26-2009, 10:56 AM
We surly could not expect anything less out of the peanut gallery:nono: I know most of my customers focus on getting a tangental view of the grass blades cut. My complaints are never about cut quality it's did your guys edge the complex or you did not blow off all surface's. Soon you will run out of rope & hang yourself:)

Are we?

tacoma200
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
We surly could not expect anything less out of the peanut gallery:nono: I know most of my customers focus on getting a tangental view of the grass blades cut. My complaints are never about cut quality it's did your guys edge the complex or you did not blow off all surface's. Soon you will run out of rope & hang yourself:)

Are we?

In a desperate attempt to sound intelligent, you really should use spell check. Using words that relate to what we are talking about would also be helpful. Why do you think people aggravate you so much on Lawnsite? You seem very biased, and when you can't make a logical point you resort to name calling. You should learn not to be so subjective and think with your head instead of these emotional outburst. Plus we have all seen your pictures of cutting grass into the dirt, and crooked lines.

Quote by nosparkplugs: "Soon you will run out of rope & hang yourself"
Wow, hat really relates to the subject. You also used the word tangential out of context then spelled it wrong.

tacoma200
04-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Dwost, as I said before you have an absolutely beautiful stand of grass growing there. I can't imagine a customer that wouldn't be thrilled with the way you cut and maintain the grass. I could only wish for such high quality grass in my area, most of the grass here is junk. Nosparkplugs and I rub each other the wrong way most of the time so I sincerely apologize for having a disagreement with him on your post.

4.3mudder
04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Man, grass looks awesome. I wish we had people around here that would keep their turf looking like yours. I would have to say the cutting looks good to me. I like it. Keep up the good work. I really want to get one of those Bad Boy mowers, what a tank!

mag360
04-26-2009, 04:40 PM

Are we?

Please look back at all your old posts before buying the AOS bad boy. They are right there for all the rest of us to see. You are bashing the wrong member.

nosparkplugs
04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tangential

Spelled correctly oops I missed an i, and used in context tangential means skimming view or lying to view. You need to go back to school my friend I did my time in college, and know how to use words. Big words do frustrate those whom don't understand them.

Shall we dig up some of the negative posts on the BB mower design & cut quality that you responded to in other BB posts over the last year:)

Aggrivation does not flow through my veins the quest for the truth does. If your on a short rope than I guess you are guilty if not their should be no offence taken.

In a desperate attempt to sound intelligent, you really should use spell check. Using words that relate to what we are talking about would also be helpful. Why do you think people aggravate you so much on Lawnsite? You seem very biased, and when you can't make a logical point you resort to name calling. You should learn not to be so subjective and think with your head instead of these emotional outburst. Plus we have all seen your pictures of cutting grass into the dirt, and crooked lines.

Quote by nosparkplugs: "Soon you will run out of rope & hang yourself"
Wow, hat really relates to the subject. You also used the word tangential out of context then spelled it wrong.

dishboy
04-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Looks pretty darn good to me for those ground speeds.

tacoma200
04-26-2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tangential

Spelled correctly oops I missed an i, and used in context tangential means skimming view or lying to view. You need to go back to school my friend I did my time in college, and know how to use words. Big words do frustrate those whom don't understand them.

Shall we dig up some of the negative posts on the BB mower design & cut quality that you responded to in other BB posts over the last year:)

Aggrivation does not flow through my veins the quest for the truth does. If your on a short rope than I guess you are guilty if not their should be no offence taken.

You spelled aggravation incorrectly, get your college money refunded! You seem to have a problem with big words and concepts.

BB is not my favorite ZTR, true, I couldn't use one on some of my property's due to the high center of gravity. But I wish them well. They are built heavy and have quality components. I don't like the way your model was designed personally.

You also, I bet your a nice guy in real life but your post have a tendency to be very negative and biased. :)

nosparkplugs
04-26-2009, 06:58 PM
When the debates get heated their always is the grammar & spell checker PO-PO, how Ironic. With all the "negativity" and "biased" I throw around:rolleyes: I rarely jump on members over spelling that is an attempt to get personal & childish. I stick with facts & numbers, may spell some words wrong or not use spell check.
Shame on you Tacoma200, and yes I use spell check on my bids & contracts;)
I get tired of spell checking all the time, spelling & grammar has been debated on many internet forums & bloggs, and it has been determined all forums are not intended to be a thesis for a PHD.Google "lazy blogging" you might learn something about "casual writing" , and stop worrying about if folks are spell checking everything; especially if it hurts your feelings or your Exmark & Scag click:drinkup::drinkup:.

Your perceived higher center of gravity does not effect the hill side stability of the AOS diesel, and I have climbed some hills straight up that my Scag would not.

Yes the center of gravity looks higher, but it does not effect the climbing ability of the Bad Boy. I will make sure I have they guys snap some pics of it climbing hills it will shock you.

I was too on the Bad Boy bashing band wagon, and will be the first one to admit I was wrong about everything I "thought" was a bad design on the Bad Boy . I was on that 110 proof Scag, Walker, John Deere sauce:) Once I realized I need to get the most ZTR from my money my old ways had to go out the window. That meant not letting local dealers bully me into paying more for a "brand name" ZTR because "they say their equipment is the best". If the economy had stayed in the black, many would be still buying the high price'd ZTR's that have taken advantage of us all over the years. Yes their is a certain amount of money we should expect to pay of a good commercial ZTR, and I expect companies to make a profit; since we all in business to make a profit.

You spelled aggravation incorrectly, get your college money refunded! You seem to have a problem with big words and concepts.

BB is not my favorite ZTR, true, I couldn't use one on some of my property's due to the high center of gravity. But I wish them well. They are built heavy and have quality components. I don't like the way your model was designed personally.

You also, I bet your a nice guy in real life but your post have a tendency to be very negative and biased. :)

tacoma200
04-26-2009, 07:42 PM
When the debates get heated their always is the grammar & spell checker PO-PO, how Ironic. With all the "negativity" and "biased" I throw around:rolleyes: I rarely jump on members over spelling that is an attempt to get personal & childish. I stick with facts & numbers, may spell some words wrong or not use spell check.
Shame on you Tacoma200, and yes I use spell check on my bids & contracts;)
I get tired of spell checking all the time, spelling & grammar has been debated on many internet forums & bloggs, and it has been determined all forums are not intended to be a thesis for a PHD.Google "lazy blogging" you might learn something about "casual writing" , and stop worrying about if folks are spell checking everything; especially if it hurts your feelings or your Exmark & Scag click:drinkup::drinkup:.

Your perceived higher center of gravity does not effect the hill side stability of the AOS diesel, and I have climbed some hills straight up that my Scag would not.

Yes the center of gravity looks higher, but it does not effect the climbing ability of the Bad Boy. I will make sure I have they guys snap some pics of it climbing hills it will shock you.

I was too on the Bad Boy bashing band wagon, and will be the first one to admit I was wrong about everything I "thought" was a bad design on the Bad Boy . I was on that 110 proof Scag, Walker, John Deere sauce:) Once I realized I need to get the most ZTR from my money my old ways had to go out the window. That meant not letting local dealers bully me into paying more for a "brand name" ZTR because "they say their equipment is the best". If the economy had stayed in the black, many would be still buying the high price'd ZTR's that have taken advantage of us all over the years. Yes their is a certain amount of money we should expect to pay of a good commercial ZTR, and I expect companies to make a profit; since we all in business to make a profit.

You may be intelligent, it's just hard to tell from your post. Why do you feel the need to tell me you went to college and know big word's. You bragged on your college education and how you knew how to use big words, so that's the only reason I called you on your spelling (I don't care if people spell correctly or not unless they are bragging about it).

Most people of intelligence don't feel a need to tell everyone.

nosparkplugs
04-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Come on:laugh: you called me on using Tangential Were in this thread before you opened the can, did I pull a education card out;). I am going to defend myself, when the thread PO-PO comes out, and you are not the only one. There is always a trend on any forum when it gets ugly/heated the gloves tend to come off, its not personal just human nature.

I enjoy reading your posts, and have hijacked your threads recently, as do many LS members. We all get excited about what we believe in, and want to share:waving:. Truly I think all this bantering does help the Newbie's. It surly helps me smile & laugh.

I tend to jump on negativity with what I think is right. Some agree, some don't. Surly we all are nice people, and would get along in person. Maybe some heated debates, but we all are passionate about Lawn care & the equipment brands when choose to support

*trucewhiteflag*
You may be intelligent, it's just hard to tell from your post. Why do you feel the need to tell me you went to college and know big word's. You bragged on your college education and how you knew how to use big words, so that's the only reason I called you on your spelling (I don't care if people spell correctly or not unless they are bragging about it).

Most people of intelligence don't feel a need to tell everyone.

tacoma200
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Fair enough.........I'm human as well.

Grass Happens
04-26-2009, 09:20 PM
If I had the money, and if there is a Bad Boy dealer around (I'll assume that there is), I would definitely demo one. I *like* my bobcats and ferrises (?), but I also have an open mind on such things.
dwost-nice cuts and nice lawn!

dwost
04-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Ok, so now that guys have that out of your system...........:)

First off, thanks gents for those of you that sent out the props.

Plugs, I love you man but seriously you need to chill a bit. I too agree we are rolling on rigs that will compete with ANY mower out there...........(and the naysayers will most certainly make their voices heard), however, you need to be a bit more eloquent in your delivery. This post was simply to discuss the "cut quality" of the BB which has been discussed over and over on here. I'm simply posting my first impressions of the cut and trying to lay out the proof. Not trying to create a pissing match which seems to happen anytime a BB is mentioned.

To answer Tacoma and Greg..........did you guys not read my last sentence or did you have trouble with the big words?....and I quote

" My grass hasn't even completely filled in yet from winter. Another two weeks or so and it should be totally full and thick. I'll keep posting back additional feedback as I progress throughout the season" Let me know if you need me to clap out to the big words for you (Greg .....fellow PA guy, I grew up outside of Philly) Sorry, just throwing some good humor back at you with some east coast edge ;)

Back at the topic, I do agree that the entire lawn is not at it's full growth stage yet but I will tell you this BIACH can cut some grass! I would also encourage you guys to post up some pics of your own yards? I apologize if these have been posted before but I'd be interested to see how you maintain your property with your mowers and how "even" YOUR grass is. Afterall, what better way to test the ability of a mower in a controlled environment??? If that's not possible please post up some pics of your "perfect" customer's yard and let us see what that looks like?

To set the record straight I'd say the "evenness" of my yard when fully grown is spot on. Not tooting my own horn or trying to be a D%#K but while I may not make an income within the LCO profession I've grown (and smoked) enough grass to tell when it's well taken care of and nearly flawless :cool2:

Posted before but here you go:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Lawn/DSC00503.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Lawn/DSC00502.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Anthrassat/Lawn/back2.jpg

With that being said, this mower cutting northern grass at 10mph should leave no one with any questions about its ability.

Rcgm
04-26-2009, 11:14 PM

Plugs, I love you man but seriously you need to chill a bit. I too agree we are rolling on rigs that will compete with ANY mower out there...........(and the naysayers will most certainly make their voices heard), however, you need to be a bit more eloquent in your delivery. This post was simply to discuss the "cut quality" of the BB which has been discussed over and over on here. I'm simply posting my first impressions of the cut and trying to lay out the proof. Not trying to create a pissing match which seems to happen anytime a BB is mentioned.

To answer Tacoma and Greg..........did you guys not read my last sentence or did you have trouble with the big words?....and I quote

" My grass hasn't even completely filled in yet from winter. Another two weeks or so and it should be totally full and thick. I'll keep posting back additional feedback as I progress throughout the season" Let me know if you need me to clap out to the big words for you (Greg .....fellow PA guy, I grew up outside of Philly) Sorry, just throwing some good humor back at you with some east coast edge ;)

Back at the topic, I do agree that the entire lawn is not at it's full growth stage yet but I will tell you this BIACH can cut some grass! I would also encourage you guys to post up some pics of your own yards? I apologize if these have been posted before but I'd be interested to see how you maintain your property with your mowers and how "even" YOUR grass is. Afterall, what better way to test the ability of a mower in a controlled environment??? If that's not possible please post up some pics of your "perfect" customer's yard and let us see what that looks like?

To set the record straight I'd say the "evenness" of my yard when fully grown is spot on. Not tooting my own horn or trying to be a D%#K but while I may not make an income within the LCO profession I've grown (and smoked) enough grass to tell when it's well taken care of and nearly flawless :cool2:

With that being said, this mower cutting northern grass at 10mph should leave no one with any questions about its ability.

That yard looks horrible LOL:laugh:

Nice stripes.You should be a photographer I like the first picture of the close up of the lawn. Very nice I give you a pat on the back.

Brad

dwost
04-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks Brad, not looking for mad props only to show that this mower when set up correctly (some of commented on they were not correct from the factory) can easily complete with the "big brands" It will be quite a shock if they do not become one of (if not the) best mfg to grace the stages in some time. For now I'd suggest to anyone that has the ability to demo one of these utits to "DO IT" now.

Lawnut101
04-27-2009, 12:56 AM
That looks real nice! I wish we had a dealer around here. Oh well, maybe soon!

tacoma200
04-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Actually testing a mower deck in a controlled enviroment is not a very good way to test it's ability. You have to test North, South, transition zone in the worst possible conditions.Cutting very poor quality turf is a much better indicator (including weeds). Most decks will handle a healthy lawn of Northern grass with out problems.

ALC-GregH
04-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Ummm, grass! :D
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/DSC01290.jpg?t=1240832425

grassman177
04-27-2009, 07:55 AM
looks really nice, cool upclose shot too

dwost
04-27-2009, 08:45 AM
LOL.......nice one Greg. Tacoma, I do agree but since I live in the north I'm providing input about these types of grasses. There have been plenty of posts from folks in the south as this is really where this mower has a presence. I'll have to snap some shots of the "weeds" that I've cut on the back of my property in the field area. This area is full of crap grasses and it still leaves a level manicured cut at speed. I'll do the same thing and post those up after I cut it again to show the "less than ideal" conditions.

I will have to disagree a bit on the comment of any mower providing these results on good turf. Northern grasses especially when full, lush and tall are quite difficult to cut at speed due to its tendency to lay down and softness of the blades. You need a deck that has great suction to pull everything up to be cut. instead of just pushing the uncut blades down. I believe puppypaws made mention about this on his tests of the lightning vs. the Hustler back over a year ago. For what it's worth I'd be confident in saying these mowers will provide solid results in varied conditions and grass types.

tacoma200
04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
LOL.......

I will have to disagree a bit on the comment of any mower providing these results on good turf. Northern grasses especially when full, lush and tall are quite difficult to cut at speed due to its tendency to lay down and softness of the blades. You need a deck that has great suction to pull everything up to be cut. instead of just pushing the uncut blades down. .

I've probably done more side by side testing on Northern grasses than any one I'm aware of on Lawnsite (I'm not sure) taking close ups and over all pictures of the ZTR's mowing side by side. I've tested Dixie, Grasshopper, Exmark, Scag, Hustler and others on the same lots, same grass, with a measuring tape, camera, installing baffles, triangles, lift kits, etc. All but the Hustler XR7 (and in some cases the Triton deck) were very good to varying degree's. I worked with the factory (along with other lawnsite members) testing out all the fixes they sent to try to get the cut acceptable cut (with the XR7). I have been hands on with the Exmark guys showing every possible combination of fixes for the Triton deck including installing the scroll baffle in the trim chamber to stop the chamber from (as explained by Exmark representatives) for creating a vortex and holding grass in that chamber for too long and how the new fix at the chute would be modified by dealers on the first generation of Triton decks. That being said I don't know much about the BB decks. I cut lush wet Northern grasses everyday so I know which decks have the lift out of the main brands but I'm not familiar with BB. But if it suites you that's all that matters.

Lawns with "good" Northern turf here look good no matter which major brand you use. I have watched the same lot transition from Gravely, to Grasshopper, to Scag with no loss of cut or stripe quality.

dwost
04-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks Tacoma for the feedback. I'm not even close to your level of experience with all the brands listed so I won't comment on something I don't have hands on experience with. It does suit my needs quite well and I'd encourage others to post up their feedback on the BB decks. I'll try to post some closeups of the "crappy" grasses in the field area for you to check out.

CHRIS MELROSE
04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Bad Boy mowers are not complete crap by any means, and they leave a decent cut. However they are a testament to the fact that price is usually king. Its just like guys that own Crownline boats-they will try to sell you on the fact that they bought the boat simply because its the best. However when they see a Cobalt float by they all think to themselves-"If I only had the money to buy that one!"

saylorsdad
04-27-2009, 02:00 PM
That being said I don't know much about the BB decks. I cut lush wet Northern grasses everyday so I know which decks have the lift out of the main brands but I'm not familiar with BB. But if it suites you that's all that matters.
If you aren't familiar with BB then why keep slamming them?

Also if you are the consumate reseacher you claim to be then why not try this product out so you can educate yourself on it?

I get tired of ignorant people talking theirself up when any educated researcher like you claim to be would look into a new design no matter how low it is priced. The truth of the matter is that he posted proof that his mower could lay some nice stripes, and offered to later show proof that it could cut crappy grass. The only way I see tacoma could logically one up the op is to show a monkey driving a murray from wal-mart laying down some pretty nice stripes on the easy to cut northern grass.

Go ahead and slam me on spelling/grammer I don't care.

Cub Cadet YANMAR.
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Well being new here i find a great laugh at reading all these threads on the Bad Boy mowers with you guys fighting all the time, Being 16 i dont have a ton of experience with ZTRs, but from the ones i have operated I like the Kubota ZD models and Scags, but this BB seems to be making its mark in the industry so i guess one day might have to test one. One thing i will comment on though the second pic you posted the grass looks very wavy to me maybe its just me though, leaves real nice stripes though. As long as your happy with your mower im happy. Good luck with it.

dwost
04-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, the BB posts create quite a stir. As for the pic, I mentioned this before the grass hasn't fully filled in from the winter. It should smooth out over the next couple of weeks.

Mike Blevins
04-27-2009, 10:16 PM
You all didn't think I wouldn't get in on this did you??? I agree these debates get heated. I would like to point out a thread to all who are considering Badboy mowers. It's in the "Tell your story...Who are you? thread. Post is by builderboy and named second day,went home packing. This ought to start a good debate. :drinkup:

Razorblades
04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
What has that got to do with this thread?:nono: Maybe some threads about Scag owners having problems should be brought up also:hammerhead:

Lehighlawnpros
04-27-2009, 11:48 PM
The only way I see tacoma could logically one up the op is to show a monkey driving a murray from wal-mart laying down some pretty nice stripes on the easy to cut northern grass.

hehe, LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4GEx42ze14

Bob
Lehighlawnpros :-)

tacoma200
04-28-2009, 12:16 AM

Which ZTR did you use for these pics? Do you use a roller to stripe? Does BB make a roller? Just wondering, I know you said you had posted these before, I think I remember them but I've seen so many.

Ford4Ever
04-28-2009, 12:50 AM
How fast were you going and how much grass were you taking off? Looks great BTW. :clapping:

tacoma200
04-28-2009, 02:41 AM
If you aren't familiar with BB then why keep slamming them?

Also if you are the consumate reseacher you claim to be then why not try this product out so you can educate yourself on it?

I get tired of ignorant people talking theirself up when any educated researcher like you claim to be would look into a new design no matter how low it is priced. The truth of the matter is that he posted proof that his mower could lay some nice stripes, and offered to later show proof that it could cut crappy grass. The only way I see tacoma could logically one up the op is to show a monkey driving a murray from wal-mart laying down some pretty nice stripes on the easy to cut northern grass.

Go ahead and slam me on spelling/grammer I don't care.

Hi, saylorsdad,
I have slammed BB before on "rare" occasion, I don't keep slamming them. I usually go out of my way to avoid BB post. I have read many of dwost post and I understand why he chose BB and I have no problem with that. I don't like the over all engineering and design but that's just a personal preference, it has nothing to do with the performance of the BB which may be great. Just to me personally BB looks like a it was put together out of quality components at a local machine shop. Now, don't get mad, that's just my opinion, a personal bias. We all have opinions and even the most intelligent among us debate because they can't agree at times. I can tell dwost is a "very" smart guy and we think alike on many subjects. He mentioned carpet like finish and I didn't think the picture reflected that, but I was going to keep my mouth shut till nosparkplugs said something about non BB fans being quote " knuckle heads that would rather ride a car off a bridge " . He also uses phrases like "peanut gallery" and "Soon you will run out of rope & hang yourself". For some reason nosparkplug's personality and mine clash after a while, I have no problem with dwost.
Anyway I apologized to dwost for the disruption on this thread and in a P.M. I started researching decks after I bought an $8,000 ZTR that was supposed to cut great but was leaving missed grass everywhere to the point my customers ask me not to use it on their lawns. So I was stuck with this ZTR I couldn't use. I posted several pictures on this site, worked with the company while they sent several kits and adaptors to try to fix the problem. So the research began into why my Lazer UltraCut never missed a blade of grass hardly in any turf while the Hustler was having all kinds of problems. Exmark was having trouble with the Triton about the same time. Well it's a long story, with lots of pictures, measurements, observations and eventually my money back. I am almost sure my post were the reason I was able to get my money back and I learned a lot in the process. I read some of your post and understand you are a school teacher, no doubt a smart man also.
Apparently I didn't make a good first impression on you, and I regret that.
Most of dwost striped pictures were posted before be bought the Bad Boy as he indicated but I'm finding most people are assuming they are pictures of his Bad Boy striping when I'm guessing they were of his Gravely, I'm not sure. They were taken in Summer as you can see. So I'm looking forward to seeing dwost Bad Boy striping pics as the grass gets taller. I don't have anything but respect for dwost after reading his post and learning a little bit about who he is.
I loose my cool with nosparkplugs every 6 months or so, so that's pretty normal and as I have indicated he's probably a nice guy, he just strikes a nerve every now an then. I have been on this site for a long time and rarely ever have I had any conflict or made many enemies. So what ever I said that angered you I have no problem apologizing for that also and hope we can get along. Oh, yes, I don't have access to a Bad Boy and my buying day's are over for a while. They sell some out of a tractor dealer 60 miles away so I would have little support. I learn a lot watching others cut the same lawns with different brands so I'm still leaning, only it's a lot less expensive. I also don't care about spelling, I was giving nosparkplugs a hard time.

tacoma200

eatonpcat
04-28-2009, 07:10 AM
DWost... Your yard looks great as always. Glad you like the new ride...
Someday maybe I can talk the wife into letting me get one!!

dwost
04-28-2009, 07:26 AM
I'll answer everyone in order:

Mike Blevins: No mower is perfect, they all have their issues period. This post was simply discussing "cut quality". There are already about 10,000 posts about "mine is better" and this thread is not the place for that. Feel free to start one and everyone can chime in. I'm not going to participate as it's waste of my time but if you are so inclined have at it. Not trying to be rude but keep to the topic at hand my friend.

Tacoma: These were from last summer and it was cut with my Gravely 48" pro-G walk (which is now sold :( that is a great mower) You may recall reading my many posts on the mods I made for the mower in which one of them was a custom striping roller that I built. It was mounted behind the deck between the scalp brackets. Worked great and also left a great cut, albeit at a much slower pace. The stripes where also enhanced by the Proslide. It will be hard to get that much effect with the BB but I'm going to see what I can do. BB does make a stripe roller but it is quite flimsy in design. It's similar to what I built (bigleague lawn style) but much smaller. I opted to save the $250 and build something better.

Ford4Ever: I was cutting between 8-10 mph. I was taking about 2" of new growth off the top. Thanks

Tacoma: I've followed many of those discussions and you are simply providing your own personal constructive feedback. No harm, no foul. I think you provide solid points on everything you mention and I (others should too) respect that. Everyone has reasons for purchasing one brand over the other and that's what makes the world go round. Thanks for sending the note and there never were any hard feelings on my end at all. Keep posting up your feedback, others (me included) can learn from your experience!

Eaton: Thanks!! Keep working on her, mine still thinks I'm over the top but she hasn't kicked me out yet :)

To set the record straight as Tacoma pointed out the latter pics ARE NOT from my BB but my Gravely Pro-G that I sold. I thought that was clear when I posted them but just don't want to mislead anyone. They were of last summer and simply to show that my yard levels out once it's in full swing. I will tell you it's going to be near impossible to get striping results like that because I not only ran a striping roller but also a Proslide. There is really no way to match that unless I start pulling a full blown roller around behind me :) With that being said, I'll continue to post up pics of the results from my yard as well as from our new office which I'm maintaining once the grass starts growing there (landscaping going in next week)

Hope this helps, please let me know if anyone has any additional questions.

Cub Cadet YANMAR.
04-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Yeah, the BB posts create quite a stir. As for the pic, I mentioned this before the grass hasn't fully filled in from the winter. It should smooth out over the next couple of weeks.

That explains it then, now by looking at the other pics it cuts very nice and stripes great hope it gives you years of good cutting.

dwost
04-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Again, the latter pics are NOT of the BB they are from last summer cut with my Gravely wb. We'll see how the BB does once I hit that time of year :)

Cub Cadet YANMAR.
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Again, the latter pics are NOT of the BB they are from last summer cut with my Gravely wb. We'll see how the BB does once I hit that time of year :)

I must be really on the ball today I guess I missed the gravely part to my bad. LOL

ALC-GregH
04-28-2009, 02:04 PM
I cut my weeds today and thought I'd post a pic. :D
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/DSC01309.jpg?t=1240941622
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/DSC01305.jpg

Razorblades
04-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Is that your mower on the left or right, in the top pic?:usflag:Seriously, looks great for "weeds"! You must have used a Lastec on that. Again, just kidding! By the way, how's the back? Razorblades.

tacoma200
04-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Is that your mower on the left or right, in the top pic?:usflag:Seriously, looks great for "weeds"! You must have used a Lastec on that. Again, just kidding! By the way, how's the back? Razorblades.

That is kind of funny that there are two mowers sitting where he is cutting grass. Guess the owner wasn't up to it. That's what we do here, take weeds and make them look like lawns. I've driven all over PA and never have seen a flat spot except around Philly and Erie, I don't have one lot that level.

Razorblades
04-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Probably the owners of the two mowers went back over his job in the dual directions to get the striping pattern that is visible. The mowers are already pointed in those directions. Shame on you greg for trying to take credit for their finish work. :laugh: OOPS.... I think I 've had too much of that orange Kool aid, the Scag rep left me:drinkup:

Mike Blevins
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I'll answer everyone in order:

Mike Blevins: No mower is perfect, they all have their issues period. This post was simply discussing "cut quality". There are already about 10,000 posts about "mine is better" and this thread is not the place for that. Feel free to start one and everyone can chime in. I'm not going to participate as it's waste of my time but if you are so inclined have at it. Not trying to be rude but keep to the topic at hand my friend.

Tacoma: These were from last summer and it was cut with my Gravely 48" pro-G walk (which is now sold :( that is a great mower) You may recall reading my many posts on the mods I made for the mower in which one of them was a custom striping roller that I built. It was mounted behind the deck between the scalp brackets. Worked great and also left a great cut, albeit at a much slower pace. The stripes where also enhanced by the Proslide. It will be hard to get that much effect with the BB but I'm going to see what I can do. BB does make a stripe roller but it is quite flimsy in design. It's similar to what I built (bigleague lawn style) but much smaller. I opted to save the $250 and build something better.

Ford4Ever: I was cutting between 8-10 mph. I was taking about 2" of new growth off the top. Thanks

Tacoma: I've followed many of those discussions and you are simply providing your own personal constructive feedback. No harm, no foul. I think you provide solid points on everything you mention and I (others should too) respect that. Everyone has reasons for purchasing one brand over the other and that's what makes the world go round. Thanks for sending the note and there never were any hard feelings on my end at all. Keep posting up your feedback, others (me included) can learn from your experience!

Eaton: Thanks!! Keep working on her, mine still thinks I'm over the top but she hasn't kicked me out yet :)

To set the record straight as Tacoma pointed out the latter pics ARE NOT from my BB but my Gravely Pro-G that I sold. I thought that was clear when I posted them but just don't want to mislead anyone. They were of last summer and simply to show that my yard levels out once it's in full swing. I will tell you it's going to be near impossible to get striping results like that because I not only ran a striping roller but also a Proslide. There is really no way to match that unless I start pulling a full blown roller around behind me :) With that being said, I'll continue to post up pics of the results from my yard as well as from our new office which I'm maintaining once the grass starts growing there (landscaping going in next week)

Hope this helps, please let me know if anyone has any additional questions.

dwost, I would like to take this oppurtunity to apologize to you for "steering" your post in the wrong direction. Like other people on here I too get my feathers ruffled when questions are asked on specific items and we continue to get the "don't drink the KOOL-AID",hang yourself with you own rope, your stupid and not business savvy because you didn't but the cheapest mower out there, Scag cult, etc,etc,etc,. I agree I can get in that realm also. So for that everyone I apologize.

dwost
04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks Mike, no worries or hard feelings at all. Everyone has their own opinions and that is what makes this site great. Good banter is always welcome but I do understand how some take it too far. I'm sure we all can be guilty of that from time to time.

Greg, nice pics man!! looking good.