PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice

AmarilloEnterprises.com
04-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Looking into getting into hardscaping work. I have done some walkways and minor stuff but would like to be able to do bigger projects and feel confident about the work. Where, besides working for another contractor, can i get some good education and certifications to be able to do things properly. Also what tools are a must for these jobs?

BkServicesLLC18
04-25-2009, 11:31 PM
hi there if you want to learn the correct ways to build with pavers and materials like that look into ICPI certification...you learn a lot of very very useful information that will help you feel confident with bigger projects... plus the info you learn you can use with other materials....also the customers like to kow that you have the certification under your belt....hope this helps

AmarilloEnterprises.com
04-26-2009, 12:01 AM
hey thanks alot i appreciate the help. I thought that would be a good way to do it. Didn't know if there were other routes to doing it. Do you know the costs involved and process?

BkServicesLLC18
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Well ive been certified for a couple years now and i really dont remember because my business paid for it...i had to go to Atlantic City in Jersy for it. it was a fun trip....but go on the web site ICPI.com and im sure it will tell you...plus you can go to your local block suplier and ask the for the sales reps phone #'s and ask them about their own certification classes....i have the Ideal, Cambride, Alan block Certification under my belt now....i just put them in my portfolio so the customers can see....but the ICPI is the most importand seen how it is nation wide

AmarilloEnterprises.com
04-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks man. Appreciate it

AllHardscaping
04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
ICPI NCMA segmental reatining wall inst. paverschool.com talk to your local suppliers, a lot of them put on smeinars, if not they usually host them through manufacturers, go to hardscape show in the spring, get some on the job experience and spend a lot of time on these forums learning. Good luck

AmarilloEnterprises.com
04-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Thank you for your help

NewHorizon's Land
05-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Make sure the advise on the forums are from contractors who install correctly. Many don't.