PDA

View Full Version : weird trailer light help!! please

luis@NJ
04-25-2009, 11:40 PM
so my right side trailer light (green wire) doesnt work but i used my tester to see if the wire had current and it does but the light wont turn on? help!!!

seabee1
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
bad bulb or ground on the light if the socket is good .clean the ground check or replace the bulb .

luis@NJ
04-26-2009, 12:42 AM
bad bulb or ground on the light if the socket is good .clean the ground check or replace the bulb .

Thanks will try tomorrow,

duffman301
05-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah it is prob a bad ground. Make sure you have a good clean ground. You may want to sand the connection if it is rusty. I have tons of weird lighting problems with all my trailer. 95% of the time it is a bad ground.

luis@NJ
05-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah it is prob a bad ground. Make sure you have a good clean ground. You may want to sand the connection if it is rusty. I have tons of weird lighting problems with all my trailer. 95% of the time it is a bad ground.

Thanks its weird cause I used a tester and at the connection the wire has power but the light wont turn on.Also I had an older set and it didnt work so I used the light intended for the left side and it all works now.