PDA

View Full Version : Which Mower is a better Choice?

Turf Tiger
04-25-2009, 11:54 PM
I know everyone on here has there own opinions about what mowers they like to use and that is fine. So that being said just give me an answer with what you guys know.
I have 2 Deere ztrs. a 810 and 820 model. I love the cut they give. But I am looking for a 3rd mower to add to the mix. I am trying to pick the best mower to add. I have looked at everrides and they seem like good mowers. I have also looked at some used Deere 757 models. I also like them. But I am trying to be cost effective and get another mower with a great cut. So any help or opinions are welcomed.

lawnpro724
04-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Personally I like Toro's Z master mowers better, their cut is second to none.

Turf Tiger
04-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks I mean that is what I am looking for the best cut and sometimes I will pay more for a good cut

ALC-GregH
04-26-2009, 07:32 AM
You said you "love" the cut of the JD's. To me, that answered your question. What's up with the screen name you have? Did you have one?

Turf Tiger
04-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah I did and never changed it but anyways I do but to buy a new John Deere is a little more than I am wanting to pay for a 3rd mower but I guess I will have to decide. I just was wondering about what other people used and liked.

verant
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Since you have all JD, go with another one, why not, is it just price? I actually just got a brand new 07 everride warrior, havent even used it yet, but will within the next two weeks. It's a solid machine, I went with it cause I found a really good buy, major discount as the guy I bought it from got it form an auction. If i were you tho, I wouldnt switch brands if you are happy with the peformance of your JD's.

Lehighlawnpros
04-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi TT,

One thing to consider is parts compatability,
it's nice to be able to stock mostly standardized parts for all three machines.

We have three Grasshoppers, and the parts standardization is a big plus for us.

Also, standardized dealer support is nice.

Maybe you could find a lightly used or demo machine to match your other ones at a reduced cost?

Also, doesn't John Deere have a "green fleet" discount program?

Just some ideas,

Bob
Lehighlawnpros

tacoma200
04-27-2009, 08:46 AM
I know everyone on here has there own opinions about what mowers they like to use and that is fine. So that being said just give me an answer with what you guys know.
I have 2 Deere ztrs. a 810 and 820 model. I love the cut they give. But I am looking for a 3rd mower to add to the mix. I am trying to pick the best mower to add. I have looked at everrides and they seem like good mowers. I have also looked at some used Deere 757 models. I also like them. But I am trying to be cost effective and get another mower with a great cut. So any help or opinions are welcomed.

I vote 757.