PDA

View Full Version : backpack blower tube question

snapper
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Most bp blowers have the main tube where the handle is, then an extension tube, then the nozzle. I find for grass season that all those tubes make it too cumbersome. I have tried taking out the extension, and putting the nozzle right on the main tube, which makes it shorter, but undecided on how it affects the power or blowing ability. So does anybody else remove the middle tube and move the nozzle up? Or any other configuration? Just wondering if anybody else does this or some other configuration other than stock on their blowers?? My experience is with redmax eb7001 ebz7001 and a ebz8001. So anybody??

Later!! chris

topsites
04-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Speaking strictly in terms of an air compressor, the longer the line, the lower the psi
at the outlet.

So I would think that in your case, right at the outlet you might get a slight
bit more air, as to whether this translates to cfm's or mph's (or both or how)
and as to whether the difference would be noticeable or too small to notice,
that I could not tell you.

Littleriver1
04-26-2009, 08:03 AM
I think BP blowers are designed with a motor and diameter and length tube to get the best effect at the end of the tube. Changing things may effect things too much, or not. Sorry, I had to put that last sentence in there. I stole it from Topsites. If you get the results you want and it doesn't hurt the blower, go for it.