PDA

View Full Version : The Philosophy of Business

MCT Lawn Systems
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Every good businessman/woman (no matter what service or product they provided) should always have a systematically based philosophy or set of rules behind him/her that will support the long term growth and survival of his/her business. Here are a few rules that are as old as the hills and have proven themselves to be most effective:

1. Follow Trend - Go with the Flow
2. Ride Winners - Keep what Works
3. Cut Losses - Discard what is Useless
4. Manage Risk - Minimize Possiblity of Loss
5. Embrace Simplicity - Keep it Simple

As simple as these rules appear, why do so many people have a hard time following them? Because we believe that things are, and sometimes want them to be, more complicated than they really are. I suspect that business and personal relationships can become somewhat easier if we just let it....perhaps by sticking to a few simple rules. Everything else is trivial in comparison.

Michael

bohiaa
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
I once herd a man say " he really didn't care, if a customer ever came back to his place of business, and bought anything"

if you can figure out why, and who said this, you win a wooden nickle.

and yes, it made perfect sence to me ..........

dmunoz
04-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Every good businessman/woman (no matter what service or product they provided) should always have a systematically based philosophy or set of rules behind him/her that will support the long term growth and survival of his/her business. Here are a few rules that are as old as the hills and have proven themselves to be most effective:

1. Follow Trend - Go with the Flow
2. Ride Winners - Keep what Works
3. Cut Losses - Discard what is Useless
4. Manage Risk - Minimize Possiblity of Loss
5. Embrace Simplicity - Keep it Simple

As simple as these rules appear, why do so many people have a hard time following them? Because we believe that things are, and sometimes want them to be, more complicated than they really are. I suspect that business and personal relationships can become somewhat easier if we just let it....perhaps by sticking to a few simple rules. Everything else is trivial in comparison.

Michael

I'd add "Do what you do well."