PDA

View Full Version : Emissions on my Shindaiwa blower wont shut it off.

stevenf
04-26-2009, 06:16 PM
I have a new Shindaiwa bp blower. Because of a new emissions thing they got going on, when you hit the kill switch, it is supposed to idle down slowly untill it turns off.
Sometimes it will stay on untill I reach my next yard. Sometimes it shuts off in 30-45 seconds. Lately I have been putting it on choke untill it shuts off. Not sure if this is bad for it or not. If it is, What is an easier way to adjust this garbage new feature?

LouisianaLawnboy
04-26-2009, 06:19 PM
My ECHO BP switch went out, so I too have been using this method.

ed2hess
04-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately in very hot weather using the choke to kill the engine will make it harder to start. In particular the stihl just won't start hot if it has been choked.

topsites
04-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Seeing how you say it is new it shouldn't act like that, so if that Blower is less
than 30 days old take it back to the dealer and let them have at it.

LouisianaLawnboy
04-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Seeing how you say it is new it shouldn't act like that, so if that Blower is less
than 30 days old take it back to the dealer and let them have at it.

Mines isn't new. What I want to know is if I'm harming the equipment by shutting it off this way.

KarambaStar
04-27-2009, 09:37 AM
I have a new Shindaiwa bp blower. Because of a new emissions thing they got going on, when you hit the kill switch, it is supposed to idle down slowly untill it turns off.
Sometimes it will stay on untill I reach my next yard. Sometimes it shuts off in 30-45 seconds. Lately I have been putting it on choke untill it shuts off. Not sure if this is bad for it or not. If it is, What is an easier way to adjust this garbage new feature?

OK what model is this? I think you have a faulty switch. It should shut off immediately. We're a Shindaiwa dealer and I have never heard of such a feature (delayed shutoff).

4 seasons lawn&land
04-27-2009, 12:07 PM
oh-oh I know!.......... buy a 2 stroke!

ALC-GregH
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
take it to the dealer.

timscherer
07-10-2009, 03:20 AM
I have a Shindaiwa Blower (1yr old) and I am now experiencing this same problem. Anyone figure out what has caused this issue, I am chocking it out to turn off the blower until I get it fixed. I checked the wiring and switch, it looked fine. Any suggestions?

topsites
07-10-2009, 03:27 AM
I have several machines I shut down that way, more than a few I shut down by cutting off the fuel,
I've been doing that for some years now, I think it is safe to ignore idiotic switches.