PDA

View Full Version : Is the Tri-Vantage deck good???????

DillonsLawnCare
04-26-2009, 10:22 PM
hey guys, I'm looking to add another mower to my operation. My scag is about to give up on me.....

Anyways, i've found an exmark turf tracer hp with the 52" Tri-Vantage deck and 19hp kawi.

I cut alot of thick fescue and some thick bermuda later on in the summer. I need something thats going to be dependable, wont bog down on me, and something that cuts GOOD!

I know exmark is a very reputable brand, but i hear more about the ultra-cut and how it cuts great, but i've never heard any thing about the tri-vantage deck. How well will it cut in my applications??

Any advice/ suggestions are welcome.

Thanks! :usflag::usflag::waving:

greengiant9963
04-26-2009, 10:30 PM
I have the trivantage on my lazer Z hp. Leaves a very good crisp cut. The downside is not really great on anything overgrown. Will clump worse than any mower I have ever run in wet conditions.

vmderrick
04-26-2009, 10:36 PM
I found the best cut from exmark mowers is the ultra cut. I have all three (ultra cut, tri vantage, and triton) the triton is by far the worst.

driver5
04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
i have ultra cuts on my lazer z and my TT.

I too cut in the same area that you cut.

HI neighbor

ed2hess
04-26-2009, 10:47 PM
You have been messing around with buying and selling mowers for the last two years:confused: While I don't care for the Better machines it might be time you give them a look.

DillonsLawnCare
04-26-2009, 11:01 PM
You have been messing around with buying and selling mowers for the last two years:confused: While I don't care for the Better machines it might be time you give them a look.

Do you mean i need to start looking at the better quality machines, or i need to look into the Better Outdoor Products?

Thanks for all replies.

12thKY
04-27-2009, 12:13 AM
In dry, normal conditions it is a great deck. In wet and/or overgrown conditions it is a pain. Will clump like crazy in crabgrass, and if there is any moisture (dew) on the grass it will clump. On weekly lawns in dry conditions it will cut like a champ and leave a good stripe, so overall it is a good deck. If I'm not mistaken the only difference between the Ultra Cut and the TriVantage deck is that the Ultra deck is about a inch deeper.

jameson
04-27-2009, 02:44 AM
Anyways, i've found an exmark turf tracer hp with the 52" Tri-Vantage deck and 19hp kawi.

I believe the TTHP comes with the small block 19? If so, I think that's pushing the limits with a 52" machine.

It just seems woefully underpowered, IMO.

In dry, normal conditions it is a great deck. In wet and/or overgrown conditions it is a pain. Will clump like crazy in crabgrass, and if there is any moisture (dew) on the grass it will clump. On weekly lawns in dry conditions it will cut like a champ and leave a good stripe, so overall it is a good deck. If I'm not mistaken the only difference between the Ultra Cut and the TriVantage deck is that the Ultra deck is about a inch deeper.

Agreed. The TriVantage is a clumper in wet conditions, though it will still leave a nice cut behind.

And the difference between the depth of the Ultra and Tri decks is .5" - or at least, it used to be.

Who knows, now?

:dizzy: