PDA

View Full Version : Leaves in Pine Straw

ecko
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM
I have a customer that is wanting leaves out of her pine straw beds. These are smaller leaves, mixed in with the pine straw. I was using the blower today and I was only getting the ones on top.

Do you guys have any other tips/tricks to get the leaves out, or should I keep at it with the blower?

Thanks

QualityLawnCare4u
04-27-2009, 12:00 AM
D*mn, that is a tough request. I have found no way to get them all out (easily)if they are all mixed in with the straw without just adding another layer of new straw to the top. Is much cheaper(for your time) and much easier. I have only been asked to do this one time my first year in biz. I'm affraid I would have to pass on that request. I will say I have been able to blow off some of the leaves if they are on the top only and not mixed in.

ecko
04-27-2009, 12:10 AM
D*mn, that is a tough request. I have found no way to get them all out (easily)if they are all mixed in with the straw without just adding another layer of new straw to the top. Is much cheaper(for your time) and much easier. I have only been asked to do this one time my first year in biz. I'm affraid I would have to pass on that request. I will say I have been able to blow off some of the leaves if they are on the top only and not mixed in.

Thanks for the response. She does have a few trash bags full of fresh pine straw, so I'm going to use that for her smaller beds.

dave k
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Tell her you don't do leaves.