PDA

View Full Version : electric fuel pump

clipperslawnservice
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM
i had a brain fart today while mowing. has any one thought about putting a elec. fuel pump on there tk. to use to fill up there mowers?? would this even be possible??

ricky86
04-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Would be awful slow.

jiggz
04-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Ive never timed it but i think it takes me less 30 seconds to fill up my 5 gal tanks on my w/b's..Fluid moves pretty fast naturally bro..hhaaha....

jiggz
04-27-2009, 01:56 AM
i will say this though.. i like your thought..because i haven't found a new gas can worth a **** in YEARS.. everything i can find around here has a stupid ass spill proof spout and takes DAAAAYES to fill up

Richard Martin
04-27-2009, 03:54 AM
i had a brain fart today while mowing. has any one thought about putting a elec. fuel pump on there tk. to use to fill up there mowers?? would this even be possible??

Are you talking about a automotive type fuel pump? If so then they probably won't work. Those type of fuel pumps are high pressure, low volume. The hi-po 255 litre per hour pump in my Mustang will only move a little over a gallon per minute at 80 PSI. It would also be spraying all over the place at that pressure. You could put a regulator on it but you'd still have high pressure or greatly reduced volume.

You need a low pressure, high volume pump made for transfering fuel.

heather lawn sp
04-27-2009, 03:57 AM
I think he's referring to the transfer pump ( we have them of the frame on the diesel trucks) not the injector pump. Even those are too low a volume and about $100 each

4.3mudder
04-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I think if you mount the tank up high enough, weld a valve on the bottom, screw a nipple and attach your hose, and let gravity do the rest. Save you quite a bit on a pump. PLus the "gravity pump" will not fail. Just a thought

blake2727
04-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Mount a 100 gallon tank in your truck with an electric pump. It will be just like filling up at the gas station. Cost you a good bit though. The only tank like that thats legal for gas is called a transfer flow and they are expensive because I have one haha total waste of money.

clipperslawnservice
04-27-2009, 07:07 PM
i was not thinking about a bulk tank, but rather pumping out of the trucks tank. the new gas cans suck, this would elim. all but the 2 cycle can.