PDA

View Full Version : John Deere?

daddy&daughter
04-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Curious if anyone has used or is currently using a John Deere JS45.
Price wise they run around $529 plus tax and is there anything else for this price that compares.
Thanks in advance.

whole9er
04-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I have a JS20. It doesn't have the nice turnable wheels on the front, its a 07 model so it doesn't have that crazy mowmentum thing, not sure how that would be. I have the mower because I have 2 sides of a sidewalk and all sorts of obstacles about 300 yards long, and parking lot circles. It has ran great, I use it for small spots on other properties, I probally use it 5 hours a week. Im sad they changed the drive system, because mine really works for me and I feel like the mowmentum just wont be as nice for my use, at full speed it quite fast. I had never had any problems with it at all, I just ordered a mulching blade, couldn't find a high lift just the 3 in 1 blade it comes with, so I guess ill try out the mulcher. I like the cut, it does a good job, If I do need another I will probaly buy the 45.

IHusky
04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.snapper.com/products/walk-behind/details.cfm?id=Endeca.87556

just like the commercial snapper, but comes with plastic wheels instead of steel wheels. Comes with commercial grade 6 hp kaw and the transmissions are heavy duty, very simple design and propells the mower very nicely. Great mower for a great price. The link is the one for the mulching version. The hi-vac model won't mulch very well and really can only be used as a bagger IMO. You can get them for about $650.

MileHigh
04-27-2009, 07:43 PM
If a mower is that cheap brand new....

IT SUX.