PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Alliance products?

Stuttering Stan
04-26-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.allianceoutdoorlighting.com/index.html

Does anyone have experience with Alliance?
I am still exploring the world of LV and came across this manufacturer. I have never heard of them so I'd like to see if any of you experts have used this product. For some reason, it reminds me a lot of Cast with it's limited product line and one finish lights.

TXNSLighting
04-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Ill tell ya, it sure doesnt remind me of any "Unique" products!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Stan use the search feature on this website. It is located in the upper right hand side of the forum window. You will find lots of information on this topic.

Stuttering Stan
04-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Stan use the search feature on this website. It is located in the upper right hand side of the forum window. You will find lots of information on this topic.

Already did. All I found was one blip. Not what I would consider an answer to my question.

Dreams To Designs
04-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Stan, it's decent quality as it is made to mimic Unique or Cast, but as usually is the case, never meets or exceeds the product it is copied from. It has a place in a short line, less expensive product application. Not a fan of the transformers, for their limited space and lack of controls, but very few exceed my expectations. With lines like Unique and others offering more budget friendly and quality fixtures, the greater concern will be serviceability and support.

Have heard of one major failure with a specific type of fixture, but Alliance stepped up and made good for the defective units immediately.

Kirk

TXNSLighting
04-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Instead of looking for crappy knockoff products, Why not just use the good stuff we recommend?? Unique, Kichler, FX and so on...Those have proven their worth.

JoeyD
04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Unique Lighting Systems has ETL/UL Listings and does all of their QC, Packaging, and Shipping right here in the Good Ol USA!!!

kansashoosier
04-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Joey,

Are any of your fixture components actually manufactured in the U.S. or are you just assembling components made in China in the U.S.? Thanks for the clarification.

JoeyD
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Well the compenents being Socket, Crimps, heat shrink tubing, lamps, and lenses are all probably manufactured over seas in europe and asia. Our Molds are most certainly done overseas. But the products are all assembled and QC'd here in the states which should atleast give piece of mind to the fact that atleast we lay eyes on and handle the product before the end user does. I think even most companies that claim they are 100% MADE in the USA are actually being supplied components made by foreign countries?

kansashoosier
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Instead of looking for crappy knockoff products, Why not just use the good stuff we recommend?? Unique, Kichler, FX and so on...Those have proven their worth.

Why not use the stuff you recommend? Because when a guy asks for a combo up/down light you recommend a pulsar bullet light. That's why. When criticizing the intelligence of others on this board, you may want to look in the mirror.

TXNSLighting
04-29-2009, 08:40 PM
How bout people make mistakes when its been a long day?? I didnt read close enough to see up/down combo. But i am right on using quality products...am i not?? hmm yeh i guess not.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Vista make a very nice MR16 lamped UP/DOWN light. It is available in Copper, Brass or Powdercoat Aluminum.

Hunza makes some wicked SS UP/DOWN Fixtures.... very $$$$

Nightscaping makes the Dualliter, a copper Up/down light. sort of rustic in design.

Then there are those by BK, Vision3, Lumascape, and on and on.

It is a very popular format.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Ooops, this was for another thread.

JoeyD
04-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Ryan just made a mistake because he knows the Orion 9and 12 are the best up/down lights!!! LOL

TXNSLighting
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Ryan just made a mistake because he knows the Orion 9and 12 are the best up/down lights!!! LOL

Dang right!!

Lite4
04-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Joey,
Are the Oriens rated for direct placement on wood? I would like to put these on the wood columns of a pergola but am unsure about the heat output on these?

JoeyD
04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Wood is fine.....Plastic posts and fencing I would avoid....they are open fixtures on the bottom so they stay rather cool

Pro-Scapes
04-30-2009, 03:45 PM
dont know if this is the right thread but... Tim I have several Chamerlains out there on wood posts. No issues whatso ever.

Lite4
04-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Excellent, I was thinking they were ok, but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for the clarification. I will go ahead with the Oriens.

Pro-Scapes
05-01-2009, 02:17 AM
chamerlains are the copper version just FYI. Here people seem to preffer the copper.