PDA

View Full Version : Writing a paper on mowing...need help

WoodBrothersLC
04-27-2009, 02:05 AM
I'm doing a paper for my competitive analysis analyzing Toro and was wanting to get people's opininos in a poll about what brands are your favorite between these three. I am analyzing their commercial and residential segments for mowing and snow blowing. Thanks guys!

Toro (includes Exmark and Lawn-Boy)
Briggs and Stratton (focusing on Snapper)
Honda
John Deere

Roger
04-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I presume you are referring to hand mower and residential snow blower markets.

I'll focus on hand mowers for the moment, and you can extend if you think the model fits. You might start with a matrix of data, such as engines, sizes, features, ground drive (including speeds for sp), etc. Also, you might then create a matrix of mowing conditions, grass types, demands for turf management (e.g. bagging, mulching), terrain, and so forth.

You should end up being able to create some form of value index or value assessment. What you should also end up with the conclusion that no single manufacturer/model fits all the conditions. You can create some form of decision tree that will dictate which mower will best match the needs of a buyer. [This is what makes the threads on LS about "which mower is the best" so meaningless -- too many local variables to direct a competitive analysis to a single machine.]

I'm not sure if this is the help you are seeking. If so, good. If not, well, ... not sure I can help otherwise.