PDA

View Full Version : need some tips

jsosa
04-27-2009, 05:08 AM
im just starting my own company for mowing. i plan to take what ever comes my way commercial or residental... know i now more or less how to charge on residential..anywhere from 25 - 40 depending on the yard and what they may want extra for cleaning flower beds or trimming the hedges...one thing i havent figured out is how to charge on commercial accounts like apartments or a shopping center...how would i go about charging something like that..i have heard about the 1.00 an hour rule but i feel that may not be a great rule if you have great equipment to do the work in half the time compared to someone who has a small 21 inch mower...anyone have some good advice that may help me get a good idea on how to charge

greengiant9963
04-27-2009, 08:12 AM
A dollar a hour is going to make for a long day.

jsosa
04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
i meant a dollar a min sorry

Larry7901
04-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Here's what I'm doing:

Let's assume that you want to pay yourself $10.00 an hour to the math simple.

If the account will take you 5 hours per cut, that would be $50.00.....

Add 25% to cover your taxes and insurance.

Add 15% to cover your equipment and depreciation.

Add 30% for your profit.

So the math would be:

$50.00 x 25% = $12.50 (taxes, insurance)

$50.00 x 15% = $7.50 (equipment, depreciation)

$50.00 x 30% = $15.00 (profit)

Total = $35.00

Plus Your Pay $50.00

Total Per Cut $85.00

I realize you will pay yourself more than $10.00 per hour, but it made the math simple. Also, you may need to adjust the percentages according to your insurance cost, equipment cost, etc.

I hope that helps!

jsosa
04-27-2009, 09:05 PM
thanks for the advice that pretty good way of seeing how to charge

kaferhaus
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM
thanks for the advice that pretty good way of seeing how to charge

The search function on this site is your friend. This question is asked everyday. Not knowing how to charge for your services to insure that you make a profit should be a warning sign to you.

You should have figured that and much more out before you decided to go into business.

grass pro llc
04-27-2009, 11:34 PM
The search function on this site is your friend. This question is asked everyday. Not knowing how to charge for your services to insure that you make a profit should be a warning sign to you.

You should have figured that and much more out before you decided to go into business.

Just answer his question or don't bother posting. Man I'm tired of guy's like you.

topsites
04-27-2009, 11:51 PM

And how would you know you needed to figure these things out
if you had not yet decided to go into business? :p

After all, if you're not going there's no need LOL

Peace out guys

jsosa
04-28-2009, 12:01 AM

i hate to talk to people who feel there %*@# doesnt stink.....we are all here on this site to learn new things and to make a honest buck for a days work..i never said i was clueless about how too charge i just want some advice because i would hate too lose a job because i over bid or get a job and be way over my head....there is no one on this site would started on the top everyone starts somewhere...

Lawnut101
04-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Well $1/min or $60/hr is a good number, if you can get it! Around here I can't get that most of the time. So, just because guys on here use that number and yell at you when you don't, you may not get any work because you could be to high. Or you could get to much work because you are to low. You've gotta get a feel for the market in your area and figure out what you need to charge to make your business profitable.

Icepuck72
04-28-2009, 09:01 AM

Don't be that ******....******.