PDA

View Full Version : Jd z445?

JD15
04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
What does everybody think about the JD Z445? I will be using it to mow some residential properties.

Thanks for all the information.

lsu03
04-27-2009, 09:08 PM
i have one for the house and it is a great personal use mower... :)

JD15
04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Do you think it would work good for daily mowing?

ZTR_Diesel
04-27-2009, 10:01 PM
With all due respect to Deere, since they historically have provided a decent product, there are a lot better units avalbie now for less money - or more for your money is out there elsewhere.

I'm not sure how, but even on thier 1445's and other high end commectial units, Deere has utilized a stamped steel deck for decades. Even my lowly Yazoo that I bought used has a fabricated steel deck, no plastic farings (or any thing else, aside from the fuel tanks), and is just a good honest, commercial-spec machine. Ex-Mark, Ferris, Scag, Toro, etc all make commecial units that will stand up to serious use & abuse of commercial opeation. The 445 is a nice homeowner unit that may work for occasional residential commecial mowing. I'd work with a different brand and pick up a used commercial mower if you plan to do any more than that.

lsu03
04-27-2009, 10:40 PM
yes for the money you could find a nice used walkbehind....which is what i'm doing so i can stop using the z445 so i dont wear it out

Herrick
04-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I used a z425 for one season on about 10 yards. Good mower, NOT for commercial use. As far as more for the money, if you're looking for a nice homeowner line ZTR, they are hard to beat. Heavier hydrolic pumps and motors than most of the other stuff out there, and even thier decks are heavier than most of the other residential stuff.

As far as Stamped vs fabricated... John Deere's 7-iron decks are some of the best cutting decks available on the market today. Their also the only stamped commercial deck available...

JD15
04-28-2009, 12:14 AM
I used a z425 for one season on about 10 yards. Good mower, NOT for commercial use. As far as more for the money, if you're looking for a nice homeowner line ZTR, they are hard to beat. Heavier hydrolic pumps and motors than most of the other stuff out there, and even thier decks are heavier than most of the other residential stuff.

As far as Stamped vs fabricated... John Deere's 7-iron decks are some of the best cutting decks available on the market today. Their also the only stamped commercial deck available...

Do you think there would be a big difference between the 425 and the 445 What do you consider commercial use? 30, 40, 50 accounts?

Herrick
04-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Do you think there would be a big difference between the 425 and the 445 What do you consider commercial use? 30, 40, 50 accounts?

If youre going to put more than about 100-150 hours a year on it you'll be pushing it's limits. Really depends on the size of the accounts. I put about 100 on mine with 10-12 accounts my first year. It held up fine, but I knew I'd be expanding the next year and I couldn't count on it to last in the long run.

445 gets the kawasaki engine, that's really the biggest difference. Depends on what you're trying to cut with it.

A commercial machine will have heavier motors, pumps, frame, deck... EVERYTHING. Even a used commercial machine with 300-500 hours on it will outlast a new residential machine. Dollar for dollar, you'll be buying more with a used commercial machine.

JD15
04-28-2009, 01:00 AM
If youre going to put more than about 100-150 hours a year on it you'll be pushing it's limits. Really depends on the size of the accounts. I put about 100 on mine with 10-12 accounts my first year. It held up fine, but I knew I'd be expanding the next year and I couldn't count on it to last in the long run.

445 gets the kawasaki engine, that's really the biggest difference. Depends on what you're trying to cut with it.

A commercial machine will have heavier motors, pumps, frame, deck... EVERYTHING. Even a used commercial machine with 300-500 hours on it will outlast a new residential machine. Dollar for dollar, you'll be buying more with a used commercial machine.

This will be my first year. ( I have 0 accounts) I also have a x300 and a I'm getting a JS45. So do you think that if i use them all evenly that I will even put that many hours on one?

BTW, Thanks for all the great information.